Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday November 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > General Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-22-2000, 06:30 PM   #1
WRC666
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2351
Thumbs up Trackday at Gingerman!!!

Forget about auto-x!! This is true fun.
I went with my wife and some friends to the Gingerman Raceway in Michigan today.
Very nice track, beautyful facilities, cool people. FME and the Chicago Porsche club organized it and we where invited.
Ever seen/heaqrd a bunch of Carreras at WOT going through a track? Whow, thas is serious sound and eyecandy. I went in the "slow" group, first time on a track ever. Careful and slow at first, but after 2 sessions (15min each) the laptimes dropped and I could keep that Prelude and that 944 turbo(bad driver!) in the rearview mirror.
Stock chassis except 18mm bar, Kumhos in stocksize, and the car rotated as wanted, throttlesteer is very easy at speed.
The car doesn't lean too much, it rotates more(yaw). Very well controllable, no understeer and the tracklayout keeps it at 4-5k rpms(shifting , of course).So a prelude with a ok driver cant pass you.
Strange thing is, that as soon as the Acura guys show up, things get hairy (before very safe) and people visit the local scenery.
Noone got hurt, no scratches on the cars. But why do I have yet to meet a sane Acura driver? The Honda guys where really cool and very good.
All in all, I need more tires and more tracktime!!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 10-23-2000, 11:50 AM   #2
WRC666
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

bump
Noone interested?
This is about performance and not looks, come on guys/gals, this is true Impreza stuff!!
Old 10-23-2000, 11:58 AM   #3
ColinL
Scooby Guru

Member#: 114
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
'03 Evo, Rice White
'01 Erion CBR 929

Sounds like a lot of fun, Frank. I intend to go to Hallet and HPT open track events next year.

By the way, I think you would find the Cobb Tuning street cams a good upgrade for that type of use.
Old 10-23-2000, 12:05 PM   #4
WRC666
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Hi Colin!
If you go, plan on an extra set of wheels with stickies and extra brakepads.
And windex to clean the rubberspots on the car, racerubber sticks like hell ;-)