Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-07-2004, 03:38 AM   #1
WS6toWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 25087
Vehicle:
2004 WRX sedan
WR Blue

Default Defi Heads up speedo/tach install ?

I'm kinda stuck on the where to tap into for my speedo and tach on the defi vsd basis heads up. Should i tap off the wires going into the gauge cluster? and if so which ones and proper settings OR off the ecu wiring? and if so which ones?

FOr a 2004 wrx. Thanks, and at ravensblade, i just saw the ecu pin for engine speed which im assuming is for the tach however where is the speedo?????

THx.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WS6toWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:14 PM   #2
WS6toWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 25087
Vehicle:
2004 WRX sedan
WR Blue

WS6toWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:07 PM   #3
Vector92
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 40661
Vehicle:
2002 Imprezza WRX
WRX Blue

I recommend referencing the wiring diagrams in the Subaru Workshop Manuals.

Using the Subaru wiring diagrams, I found the correct speedo signal wire. It goes into the bottom of the gauge cluster, but even with the diagrams and description of the connector and wire colors, I could not find it or access it there.

So, I accessed it in front of the firewall. It is pretty easily accessible at one of the connectors located near the top of the transmission where it attaches to the engine.

The problem was, I think I got the grounding source wrong, and it screwed up the stock speedometer reading. I've temporarily disconnected it until I have more time to troubleshoot it and get it working.

If you have too much trouble finding the workshop manual or wire ID's, PM me. However, I can't find the papers on it right now.
Vector92 is offline   Reply With Quote