Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 26, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > General Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-03-2000, 08:52 AM   #1
BLITZKRG-RS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1332
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2004 STi
WRB

Post ATT: OPIE, Tein S-tech/KYB AGX

Hey dude,

i know you have the S-tech/AGX set up, are u experiencing the ride height being uneven?? my driver front seems to be lower than the passenger front. and after checkin' thru the archives regarding the weight distribution. i found Impreza's left front weighs less than right front. so what do u think?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 05-03-2000, 09:31 AM   #2
Opie
Floresbian

Member#: 470
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2015 Forester 2.0XT
'14 XV Crosstrek, '99 SF

I'm not having any problems with the Tein/AGX setup. The car sits level, no sagging, no noises. The last time I measured the height of the car everything was fine. I'll check again when I get home tonight and post the measurements here.
Old 05-03-2000, 09:36 AM   #3
kkeetha
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 332
I have this set up also and I don't think that I have this kinnd of problem.
Old 05-03-2000, 11:18 AM   #4
BLITZKRG-RS
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 STi
WRB

thanks guys,
also, do u guys have the soft s-tech sprngs or the medium springs? i know there are 3 types. hard, med. and soft.

cal
Old 05-03-2000, 07:01 PM   #5
Opie
Floresbian

Member#: 470
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2015 Forester 2.0XT
'14 XV Crosstrek, '99 SF

I've got the medium springs, I measured them tonight and they are level. My lazy arse didn't write down the measurements and all I can remember is the rear is around 24.5" from the pavement to the top/center of the fender well. I think the front were between 26 & 27" but I'm not sure and to lazy to go measure again
Old 05-03-2000, 07:44 PM   #6
Eric
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 48
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
1999 Impretza 2.5
silver

You should measure ride height from the center of the wheel (the middle of the tiny center cap) to the metal in the center/top of the wheel well. There is a small black plastic piece that runs along the bottom, measure to the metal, not the plastic.

BLITZKRG-RS, you may have a bad spring, ask for an exchange. You could try moving the spring to the other side of the car and see if the problem follows it.

Eric
Silver 99 RS
Old 05-05-2000, 10:08 AM   #7
BLITZKRG-RS
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 STi
WRB

Thumbs up

Thanks guys!

i've already swapped the spring/shocks from one side to another b4 i posted this msg. but its still the same! the driver side is lower than passenger side...
i know its not my weight that made the springs go bad! (lol, i only weigh 130).. im in process looking further onto other weak suspension parts. so far i've already noticed the rear lateral link is slightly bent(my mechanic showed me the bent section while the car is on the lift), so that could cause the car to sit unevenly. causing LR to sag and RF to lift up a little.
i have the new lateral link from Dale Teague waiting to be put in. i hope this will cure the problem.

later

cal