Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday December 5, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-11-2004, 01:18 AM   #1
henzly23
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 35286
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Hatch
DGM

Default Gauges hooked up to dimmer.. will this cause problems?

I installed Blitz AC gauges this week(Boost, Oil Temp, EGT) and tried a couple wiring methods. The one i decided to stick with was running the gauges lighting through the dimmer to dim the gauge lights with the rest of the interior lighting. My only concern came when testing them out..

I don't have the temp sensors for EGT or Oil temp hooked up yet so I am not getting any readings to display. However when I dim the lights in the car the needles on those two gauges move along with the changing current flowing to the lights. My questions is will this behavior disappear when the temp sensors are hooked up, OR will dimming the gauges equate to inaccurate temp readings? Not sure if anyone else has ran across this problem or had similar questions. Tried searching but had no luck.

Matt H
henzly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2004, 02:28 AM   #2
it8ezbngrn
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 35590

You sure its hooked up right. usually it is a seperat circuit, at best they share the ground wire.
it8ezbngrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 03:11 AM   #3
henzly23
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 35286
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza Hatch
DGM

the wiring schematic shares a gound.. its hooked up right
henzly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 08:39 AM   #4
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX
15 WRX/05 GTO

It sounds like you have everything connected to the dimmer ground which is not a direct ground. It's a fixed positive, variable negative circuit. The ground for the metering circuits should be direct to chassis, the lighting should be connected to the controlled dimmer ground. You can refer to the factory wiring manual if you have one or can get access to one.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote