Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-12-2004, 05:19 PM   #1
WRXonmind
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 28630
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Silver

Default HELP.. car won't stay running

I just installed a PE 1818, fuel pump, modded injectors, and perrin fuel rails on my car last week. I set the injectors to 800 on the utec and pulled some fuel and it seemed to idle alright. I've put on about 70 miles it now test driving it. I've have a dyno tune the this weekend and it's a 2 hour drive so I wanted to make sure it was running alright. So i'm coming back from work today and I come up to a stop sign, an it just dies. I restart it and it stays running for about 10 seconds and soon as I give it gas it dies again. I popped the hood and check all the fuel lines, the maf sensor, and boost lines but everything was still hooked up. I try it a few more times and get the same results. It's over at friend's house now, i'm going to start taking it apart tomorrow to see if I can find the problem. Anyone have a clue to what it can be? My fuel pump, my injectors not seated correctly, or what??
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WRXonmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:22 PM   #2
cnk
Scooby Guru

Member#: 10757
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
DGM

Did you go through the usual stuff? Check fuses, hoses, etc.? Do you hear the pump prime when you turn the key to ON? If your injectors weren't seated correctly, you would smell the gas pretty easily and would be able to see it spraying out under the hood.

Calvin
cnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:27 PM   #3
eastcoastbumps
Scooby Guru

Member#: 29201
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
BMW M3
Honda S2000x2

Its not likely that all four injectors aren't firing. I'd check the fuel pump first. No CEL, right?

Pete
eastcoastbumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:40 PM   #4
WRXonmind
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 28630
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Silver

Haven't checked fuses yet, checked all hoses. It would start fine but after a few seconds the rpm would just start dropping so I would give it gas and it would die compleltely. I only got to do try a few times before the battery was out of juice. Alright so injectors are seated fine cause there is no fuel spraying. I don't remember if I heard the pump priming or not. I don't get why it drove fine for 70 or so miles and now nothing. There car is about a half hour away, so i'll try it again tonight or tomorrow morning.
WRXonmind is offline   Reply With Quote