Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-22-2004, 01:24 PM   #1
bgsntth
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3441
Vehicle:
05 OB XT
Blk

Exclamation Lots of Evo's going boom in OTC

I've been following this year's OTC and have been amazed at the number of Evo's that are blowing engines. To quote Doug Hayashi, of Pulp Racing fame:

"Robbie's Evo loses the motor. Out of six Evos that are entered, one is left standing. A stockish Evo. Robbie and Co are trying to find a motor somewhere, install it tonight, and then drive back to Buttonwillow for the final day."

Seems these are all highly-tuned Evo's, but that's still a lot of carnage.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bgsntth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 01:46 PM   #2
dwx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 8343
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2012 Jeep
2013 DGM BRZ

So far I think that two of them blew engines. One is known to have a spun bearing or connecting rod failure. It's actually the 2nd one he's been through, he had a similar failure in prepping the car for the OTC. He is the one that runs pulpracing.com. The one he is talking about is the road race engineering EVO which was very modified. One of them crashed at Thunderhill. The Vishnu EVO had the clutch break at Infineon raceway and were done. Apparently there is some snap ring failure on the EVO and that's what did them in. Don't know what happened with the other one. I guess there is one STI but I don't think the driver is real experienced and the car is stock. (I have a friend that works at Infineon).
dwx is offline   Reply With Quote