Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-07-2004, 10:20 PM   #1
gtguy
Scooby Guru

Member#: 2184
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT wagon
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default Spotted: Cobb One Lap/America car in Chicago

That exhaust sounded great, but I have to ask...what is the status of the One Lap? It seemed weird that a competitor would be caught up in rush hour traffic at Lincoln and Fullerton Avenues. There I was, cycling home from work, and I saw what I thought was this riced-to-hell-and-back Forester, complete with STi hood scoop, and stickers over almost every available inch of the car.

Then I saw the rather annoyed-looking drivers, and all the packs and whatnot on the car, and the One Lap decals, and thought that was pretty danged cool. They had the windows down so I yelled "Good luck, guys," and the driver gave the thumbs up.

Very cool.

Kevin
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:21 PM   #2
dwx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 8343
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2012 Jeep
2013 DGM BRZ

They were in transit from Road America to Tirerack. The next-to-last event was today at RA, I went up there to watch for a bit. Unfortunately for the competitors the afternoon time trials ended just in time for them to hit Chicago traffic. I don't know why you saw them somewhere other than the freeway. That forester is driven by Chris Fleming (Conebasher) and a couple other guys, originated from Subaru of Dallas.

Tommorrow they have a dry skidpad event at Tirerack to decide a number of places. There is a STI tied with Vishnu's EVO for first in the mid-priced sedan class, and tommorrow will decide who wins the class. The EVO has a ton more power but that doesn't mean much on a skidpad, as the EVO came in almost last place in the wet skidpad test which started the event off.
dwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 12:26 AM   #3
gtguy
Scooby Guru

Member#: 2184
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT wagon
Platinum Silver Metallic

At that time of the day, the highway probably sucked so badly that they were looking for an alternative. The map says that Lincoln Ave. is an Illinois Highway, and officially, I think it is. But it sure does sucketh the large one, as the Cobb lads were discovering, I reckon.

Kevin
gtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:45 AM   #4
DriftZero
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 39616
Everyone has
stories they bore me

for results go to www.hotsubaru.com
DriftZero is offline   Reply With Quote