Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > Technical Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-23-2000, 10:50 PM   #1
rrsettgast
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 104
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Wagon
White

Post Cusco Pillow mounts without coilovers

Hello,
I have the prodrive suspension, and I noticed a little inprecision when I was at the track a while back. Just a little uncomfortable squirmy feeling when entering a high speed corner.

I was thinking that maybe the stock pillow mounts contribute to this 'squirm' to some degree. I realize that the suspension is not very stiff, so that is a source as well. Cusco Adjustable Pillows should help.

Any Thoughts or experiences would be appreciated?

Thanks
Randy

[This message has been edited by rrsettgast (edited May 23, 2000).]
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2000, 05:56 AM   #2
IMPRZIV
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 628
Cool

Well, they would likely help, but I understand from those that run them that they can be pretty harsh for street use. You may want to consider the STi Pillow's that Challenger Deep Sells. I think they are around $160 a pair, and they claim they are considerably stiffer then the stock pillows, while still maintaining good ride quality. Since you went Pro Drive and not Leda's or Tein's, I would think that quality of ride on the street had some importance to you....

~Scott
Raly Blue MY99
Owings Mills, Md.
Old 05-24-2000, 10:15 AM   #3
Molez93
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 585
Vehicle:
02 WRX
WR Blue

Wink

I have the CUSCO Upper Pillow Ball mounts and the ride got noticeably more harsh after the install; there wasn't really any squirm before the install anyway. I have GAB Gymkhanas with Eibach Pro kit springs which were/ are WAY stiff to beging with (even on the softest setting).
With the extra degree of front negative camber (now -2) and ~1/4" of total toe out, steering response did improve slightly. Was it worth it? Only since I race autox.
-Scott 98 RS
Old 05-25-2000, 12:00 AM   #4
delectron
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 227
I suppose that there are three points of potential squirminess up front; the upper strut mounts, the plastic sway bar links, and the soft rubber bushings.

However, most of it is probably in your shock/spring combination. I have my Tein HA's at "you wouldn't believe how stiff they are" hard right now, with a 2" drop from stock (for the hell of it, until I get new tires), and stock everything else in front. My car tracks and enters turns like it's on rails.

I think I'm at 5 from hard in front, and 3 from hard in back...