Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 17, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-12-2004, 12:52 PM   #1
ForceFed04
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 41136
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

Question Front end noise.

First off...I hope this is the right forum for this question. My WRX wagon has made a quiet clunking noise in the front end when I pull in and out of parking spaces since I bought the car. I don't hear anything when turning at higher speeds (taking a corner at even 20mph). The steering feels great and I cannot feel the clunks in the care, I just hear 3 quiet ones when I pull out of a space. I was thinking it is just the steering components shifting and at the low speed they aren't as fluid. Anyway, my question is, does anyone else hear this in their car? This is my first subie so Im still not sure what is normal for these cars. Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. I hope this makes sense. Thanks, -Nate
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ForceFed04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:11 PM   #2
04Scooby_Rex
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 55943
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
silver

i think I've heard the same noise in my car, it makes it also just sitting with the engine running, and turning the wheel back and forth. I'd like to know what it is also.
04Scooby_Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:34 PM   #3
ForceFed04
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

Im not sure if mine does it just sitting there or not, can't say that Ive ever tried that. Have you ever taken it in for that?
Old 05-12-2004, 08:32 PM   #4
04Scooby_Rex
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 55943
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
silver

i was thinking about it, but they'd probably blame it on my 18s, even though its done it for awhile
04Scooby_Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 12:46 PM   #5
ForceFed04
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

Huh...I think it'd be pretty ballsy for them to blame it one 18s, you're probably right though, I wouldn't put it past em. I have 18s also, I got mine fairly recently though and the car has made the noise since I bought it new.