Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Forester Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2004, 03:48 PM   #1
Adhesiv
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 10514
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cascade foothills
Vehicle:
2008 STI
shiny

Question Anyone getting a Cobb Accessport for FXT

I just ordered mine and was wondering what the opinions were. I've dealt with Cobb and their products in the past and they seem to be heads and shoulders above the rest when it comes to R&D.....so they got my business - again.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Adhesiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:05 PM   #2
joe z
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 599
Join Date: Dec 1999
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Manchvegas
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza Sti
UGM

Default

would this work on a stock Xt??
joe z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:37 PM   #3
Corkfish
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 39503
Join Date: Jul 2003
Default

I'd like to get one eventually, but I want to wait until I hear from others who buy one. I've heard great things about performance enhancement while still maintaining safety precautions and reliability. The installation looks very easy as well. Nonetheless, I'm not going to test it on mine until I hear about the experiences that others have.
Corkfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:38 PM   #4
DeClerq
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 22404
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Catatonia
Vehicle:
06 Legacy 2.5i wgn
Silver

Default

I'll probably wait and get their Stage 1 package when it's available, which includes a turbo-back plus the accessport. I have been reading up on it and I definately want one.
DeClerq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:31 PM   #5
Slimey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 42487
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Near Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Vehicle:
2008 STI
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Corkfish
I'd like to get one eventually, but I want to wait until I hear from others who buy one. I've heard great things about performance enhancement while still maintaining safety precautions and reliability. The installation looks very easy as well. Nonetheless, I'm not going to test it on mine until I hear about the experiences that others have.
What he said...
















...now who is going to be the token Guinea pig?
Slimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:00 AM   #6
Adhesiv
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 10514
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cascade foothills
Vehicle:
2008 STI
shiny

Default

That's the beauty of Cobb. They do extensive R&D prior to the release of their products. Go to the web site and check out the One Lap Of America FXT it has the accessport etc....this is their lab.

The place where I bought this is doing the reflash and initial stage maps as part of the purchase price. You will be able to download upgrade maps from Cobb as you add mods as well. I plan on the TBE when the boss (wife) okays the next upgrade.
Adhesiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 01:47 PM   #7
rhino738
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 23687
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Memphis Tn
Vehicle:
2004 Forester XT
Java Black Pearl

Default

What exactly does the accessport do anyway? Is it recommended for a 1st mod? I've been looking to start modding my XT, but I know nothing about this stuff. I would be learning on my car, and that makes me leary. Maybe I will start with the SS, and keep it simple. But then again, the child in me wants more HP and TQ. Oh, the decisions!

Rhino
rhino738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:38 PM   #8
DeClerq
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 22404
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Catatonia
Vehicle:
06 Legacy 2.5i wgn
Silver

Default

This should answer your questions:

http://www.cobbtuning.com/forester/accessport.html
DeClerq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:28 PM   #9
speedypete
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 62012
Join Date: May 2004
Location: upstate NY
Vehicle:
2004 FXT 5speed
Cobb stage 2

Default

I'm considering getting one but i really want to get my catback exhaust first...both are about the same price but i think i'll wait on the accessport till I hear what others have to say about it.
speedypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:07 PM   #10
swingkid
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 47949
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Dublin, Ca
Vehicle:
04 Forester XT
Porsche 914 w. suby six

Default

Would there be any ABS related parameters we can change, or is that not done in the same ECU?
swingkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 06:46 PM   #11
BrysImpreza
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 3102
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northern, CT
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Ice Silver

Default

I'll be getting it
BrysImpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:03 PM   #12
BigDogWrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 33237
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: South Elgin, IL
Vehicle:
2004 Forester XT
Silver

Default

For the money it was the best mod I ever did on my WRX. I'm curious, how much does it cost for the XT?

Peter
BigDogWrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:43 PM   #13
tnedator
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 21631
Join Date: Jul 2002
Vehicle:
2002 Red WRX + 2004
Silver FXT Premium

Default

I was looking at the info on the Cobb site and am a bit lost. If the car has no other mods done to it, will you get a benefit from the accessport?

What exactly does it do? I know it re-programs the ECU, but does it do things like increase boost?
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 07:43 AM   #14
fmowry
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 54604
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Severn, MD
Vehicle:
2004 FXT
Cayenne Red (sold)

Default

You should certainly gain from the Accessport on a stock car. I'd imagine they'll modify timing (for your specific octane) and raise boost at least in the midrange.

Frank
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:06 AM   #15
SubaruCO
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 33566
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Default

Usually, on a stock car, the COBB AP does not really make all that much more wheel horsepower. What is does do though is smooth out the power delivery, making the car feel faster and drive better. Rumor has it that the extremely annoying rev hang between shifts will be fixed, and that in itself is enough for me to buy one.
SubaruCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:59 AM   #16
DriftZero
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 39616
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location:
Vehicle:
Everyone has
stories they bore me

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Slimey
What he said...



...now who is going to be the token Guinea pig?

Our One Lap of America car can be considered the pig, Cobb came out and used the new technology on our car for the one lap, everything runs perfect. And as far as power gains. Have any of you ridden in a wrx with a stage two ecu flash? yea its a totally different animal no only smoother but so much more powerful.


SOD
Eli
DriftZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:52 AM   #17
DrDRum
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 41589
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Restless Genital Syndrome
Vehicle:
Suff erer Club
Founder (RGSSC)

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DriftZero
Our One Lap of America car can be considered the pig, Cobb came out and used the new technology on our car for the one lap, everything runs perfect. And as far as power gains. Have any of you ridden in a wrx with a stage two ecu flash? yea its a totally different animal no only smoother but so much more powerful.

SOD
Eli
Stage two reflash on a WRX??? How does that relate? I gots the confusions . A WRX stage two is TBE/DP, UP, flash. How does that compare to an otherwise stock FXT with Accessport?

Oh, and for the guys curious about what the reflash does, here is some WRX-centric answers to answer a few questions about modding in general...Help Me Spend $$$ (geared towards WRX) - Help Me Spend $$$. Not everything will be the same, for example the F-XT has an IHI-turbo'd 2.5L engine, so WRX turbo lag is not really an issue. Also, do a search for AccessPort under 2.0L Forced Induction Forum, they've discussed this a bit. And of course...
Quote:
Originally posted by DeClerq
This should answer your questions:
http://www.cobbtuning.com/forester/accessport.html
EDIT: Look at Cobbs staged WRX packages to see what the Accessport/reflash did for the WRX.
DRum

Last edited by DrDRum; 05-18-2004 at 12:07 PM.
DrDRum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:47 AM   #18
DriftZero
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 39616
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location:
Vehicle:
Everyone has
stories they bore me

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DrDRum
Stage two reflash on a WRX??? How does that relate? I gots the confusions . A WRX stage two is TBE/DP, UP, flash. How does that compare to an otherwise stock FXT with Accessport?

Oh, and for the guys curious about what the reflash does, here is some WRX-centric answers to answer a few questions about modding in general...Help Me Spend $$$ (geared towards WRX) - Help Me Spend $$$. Not everything will be the same, for example the F-XT has an IHI-turbo'd 2.5L engine, so WRX turbo lag is not really an issue. Also, do a search for AccessPort under 2.0L Forced Induction Forum, they've discussed this a bit. And of course...

EDIT: Look at Cobbs staged WRX packages to see what the Accessport/reflash did for the WRX.
DRum

Actually I was simply relating the power gains the wrx flashes had, as something to compare to or look forward to in the fxt not saying they would be the same at all. I already know what the Cobb reflashes have done for wrx's I am around them all day. And I know what our One Lap of america car made with Cobb's tune on it.
DriftZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 02:33 PM   #19
DrDRum
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 41589
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Restless Genital Syndrome
Vehicle:
Suff erer Club
Founder (RGSSC)

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DriftZero
Actually I was simply relating the power gains the wrx flashes had, as something to compare to or look forward to in the fxt not saying they would be the same at all. I already know what the Cobb reflashes have done for wrx's I am around them all day. And I know what our One Lap of america car made with Cobb's tune on it.
I think I miscommunicated. Sorry, I wasn't dumbing you down, I was just confused on the statement myself. Sounded like a stage 1 AP for the F-XT was equal in gains to a stage 2 WRX upgrade. My dur.

I was also replying with information regarding an earlier question by another poster...
Quote:
Originally posted by tnedator
I was looking at the info on the Cobb site and am a bit lost. If the car has no other mods done to it, will you get a benefit from the accessport?

What exactly does it do? I know it re-programs the ECU, but does it do things like increase boost?
DRum

Last edited by DrDRum; 05-19-2004 at 02:48 PM.
DrDRum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 04:01 PM   #20
DriftZero
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 39616
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location:
Vehicle:
Everyone has
stories they bore me

Default

all good
DriftZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:03 PM   #21
abrogado
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 31233
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MN
Vehicle:
2004 FXT PP PSM

Default next week

Hopefully,

I've got one on order. If the release date isn't pushed back again, it should arrive at my office (on the firm cc ;-) sometime next week!!!!!!!!!

I think the lack of dyno info on Cobb site along with some of trey's responses mean that the gains will be HUGE and they want some first hand feedback so the naysayers don't slam them for posting big #'s.

JM2C....FWIW...
abrogado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 01:22 AM   #22
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2272
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: haha XD
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru 599 :P
Galaxy Blue Sexy

Default

I think reflash-type gains will be huge on the XT, just as with the STI, even with the stock models.

Combine it with just the small mods like the 3/16 mod, some silicone intercooler hoses, silencer removal, lighteight pulleys, etc. and you will have some very nice gains with not to many mods and still pass for a stock car
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 02:28 PM   #23
SubaruCO
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 33566
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Default

I'm putting myself on the waiting list next week!!!

I mostly look forward to the resulting smooth power delivery of the reflash. Mmmmm...smoothness.
SubaruCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:41 PM   #24
speedypete
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 62012
Join Date: May 2004
Location: upstate NY
Vehicle:
2004 FXT 5speed
Cobb stage 2

Default

I want one sooo bad...can't make up my mind though if I should get the stage 1 which is just the accessport to which i'd add a catback exhaust or should I spring the extra $ and get the stage 2 which is the turboback and AP. I really want the stage 2 but I don't think the wife will go for me running the risk of having the dealer void my warranty not to mention the swapping of exhaust systems just to pass inspection
speedypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:46 AM   #25
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2272
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: haha XD
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru 599 :P
Galaxy Blue Sexy

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by speedypete
I want one sooo bad...can't make up my mind though if I should get the stage 1 which is just the accessport to which i'd add a catback exhaust or should I spring the extra $ and get the stage 2 which is the turboback and AP. I really want the stage 2 but I don't think the wife will go for me running the risk of having the dealer void my warranty not to mention the swapping of exhaust systems just to pass inspection
Personally, I think waiting til the warranty period is over before doing serious modding is a smart thing to do. Small mods, things that can pass for stock are good to start off with, even a reflash, at the most a catback (which might cause issues with the dealership depending on the dealership, but its techinally legal)

But ya, its up to you...
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone have a Cobb AccessPort for an 06 for sale? explosivo SWIC Private Classifieds 0 10-22-2009 03:13 PM
Cobb AccessPort for 04 FXT with manual trans xspeedrj Engine/Power/Exhaust 3 03-13-2007 01:52 PM
Anyone interested in Cobb Accessport for '06 WRX MT? Airboy Canada Region Forum 2 10-10-2006 05:35 PM
Thinking of getting a Cobb Accessport, what are your guys's experience? ghostfoot7 Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC 17 08-18-2006 10:42 PM
buy my xbox 360. trying to get a cobb accessport for my 06. toekneeyo Newbies & FAQs 42 11-23-2005 12:40 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.