Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > Technical Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-30-2000, 04:35 PM   #1
Future Subaru Driver1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1049
Post Guys I need your help please read!!!

I know you guys aren't really into 80's Subarus but read this and give me some suggestions.
OK boys we have a 1986 XT Turbo 4wd 5-speed that we ice race in the stud class. We race against a real trick Ford Festiva with around 150 hp. and some rabbits with about the same. The one reason we are winning and just barely is because we have 4WD and that makes up for the appearant 30hp deficet. We have a performance exhaust with no cats and are running about 13-15 PSI of boost. We found the wildest stock cams that subaru put in EA82 from a GL Coupe or sedan or something. But with this set up we blow motors like 1 or 2 times a season and the season is 6 weeks long. We need a more reliable powerplant with the HP output needed. We are definately willing to spend the time and put an Impreza Turbo motor or a Turbo Legacy motor in if we could find a wreck but that is expensive and 1 hell of alot of work. We Would also consider a bigger turbo, Intercooler, forged pistons, and other Performance stuff. Help me out here we have until January to build a motor and put it in the car and hopefully put some miles on the motor before racing it.

Thanks in Advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2000, 08:44 PM   #2
Eric
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 48
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
1999 Impretza 2.5
silver

Thumbs up

Call Paeco, in Alabama. If memory serves me correctly, before current 2.2/2.5L engines they made all sorts of parts for the earlier Scooby engines. And please post what you find, Ive seen several posts in the past year inquiring about building up older Scoobies.

Call
(205) 823-7278 -office/shipping/tech assist
(800) 326-6401 -for placing orders only
(205) 823-2667 -fax
[email protected] www.quicklink.net/bham/paeco (but this doesnt seem to work anymore)

just call and as them some questions about what they offer for your car. Im sure they can get you 30HP, if not much more.

Eric
Silver 99 RS