Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday April 27, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-11-2004, 12:41 AM   #1
ituner
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34476
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
88 civic
subyless for now

Arrow leaking oil!! HELP

Heres the deal, the line going from the turbo to the wastegate blew off from the turbo and still was connnected to the wastegate. I don't know if it was hooked up right to begain with b/c I get compressure surge when I blow off and when I tried to turned my wastegate a while back to up the psi to 7 or 8 pounds, it stayed at 5. So I turned the wastegate back to where it was and left it that b/c I didn't need problems. So at 5 pounds tonight the line blows off at some point on the way home and I don't realize it until i pop the hood when i get home. I go to check the exhaust and notice there is a trail of oil leading into my driveway and right under the motor after letting it idle for about 2 minutes and there is about a 1/4 of a quart of oil on the ground I checked my exhaust to see if oil was coming out of it but it was dry. The motor is a 1.8 that has about 135k on it I don't know if this could possibly be my piston rings or what, PLEASE HELP?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ituner; 06-11-2004 at 12:55 AM.
ituner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 12:47 AM   #2
scoobyimprza
Scooby Guru

Member#: 24956
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
1997 Impreza WRX
Steel Blue Mica

No oil in the exhaust is a good sign. Get a compression test to be sure. Wipe all the oil off of the underside and look for the fresh oil leak.

Brent
scoobyimprza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 12:53 AM   #3
ituner
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
88 civic
subyless for now

Yah, thanks brent for the reasurrance, I will do that bright and early tomorrow morning but now I am beat, I need to go to bed
anyone else have any ANSWERS???

Last edited by ituner; 06-11-2004 at 01:00 AM.
ituner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:49 AM   #4
ituner
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
88 civic
subyless for now

check my compression:
left side: 60, 85
right side: 120, 190