Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday August 29, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-24-2004, 03:59 PM   #1
beachbum
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 457
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
---- Smells like
weed and rampage

Question Looking for a free online calendar/journal/scheduler/contacts service or application

I've been searching for two days to find something that fits that description but

I want to find an online service (free) or software that I can run on a web server (free as well) that I can use for a project journal sort of thing. I need to use it to log phone calls (and make sometimes extensive notes on said calls), keep track of contacts, and have some rudimentary calendar/scheduling sort of thing. I've thought about installing Exchange and running OWA, but I don't have access to an available license nor a good place to run it. I'm getting tired of hauling around my Dayrunner, and since I can't read my own writing and 90% of the time I use it at my desk at work or at home anyway, an online solution will fit me better. I've also thought about a PDA, but it costs too much and I haven't really found them to be that practical in the past. Any help from the OT collective?
beachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2004, 04:35 PM   #2
aod
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 7121

It sounds like TWIG is what you need:

http://www.informationgateway.org/

Run the demonstration and see if you like it. I installed it on our web server and it was a breeze to setup. Best of all, it's free.
aod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:55 PM   #3
Kaiser
Woodpecker

Member#: 7170
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
Aut Kaiser,
aut nullus.

I don't suppose a somewhat simpler tool like Yahoo's online calendar would fit the bill, would it?

Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 05:03 PM   #4
aod
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 7121

My question would be, how important is the information you are putting into it? If it's pretty important, it'd be best to run on your own server. Otherwise, Kaiser's idea would probably work for you as well. I dunno how well you can collaborate with the Yahoo calender, or if that's even a concideration of yours. TWIG was built from the ground up with collaboration in mind though.

If your information is very sensitive, you could install TWIG and setup SSL on your web server, then use TWIG through secure encrypted pages.
aod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 05:21 PM   #5
beachbum
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 457
Vehicle:
---- Smells like
weed and rampage

The information I'll be keeping in the system isn't that sensitive, but it is business related- a personal business, though and not mission-critical. I'll be the only one accessing it, so TWIG seems like a bit of overkill, but it does have the other features I want.

I've never used Yahoo's calendar and they seem to be having some technical difficulties that are preventing me from signing up at the moment. I'll try later, but my main need isn't calendar related, so it might not quite provide what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help, guys.
beachbum is offline   Reply With Quote