Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday September 29, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-15-2001, 10:06 AM   #1
Skirvdawg
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3375
Vehicle:
2002 VW Jetta Wagon
Black

Post Amsoil Air Filter install

Holy Mother of God! My headache is slowly going away after installing the Amsoil air filter to go along with my Ganzflow intake. The filter fits, sorta.

It is just a hair too big to make it drop right in, so I had to manipulate, talk nicely in its ear, and then jam it home. Getting the back of the airbox back on was no fun task either. There was some extra foam kinda hanging around, so I had to make sure it all stayed inside the airbox whilst I attempted to line up the slots and holes. Then it was another incident of whispering sweet nothings and ramming it in there when it least expected it. Everything looks kosher, I have a good seal. The only evidence that I even screwed with it are my finger prints all over the air box.

I just got my car back from the body shop, and they got ArmorAll everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. On the other hand, maybe it's wax that got in from through the open scoop. Anyhoo, that's another topic for another day.

I'm in the process of resetting the ECU right now, so I should be back in business real quick like.
Skirvdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2001, 12:20 AM   #2
ImprezaRS dot com
over boosted again

Member#: 1458
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2015 Forester 2.0 XT
2005 2.5 RS, 2013 Tribeca

Big tip here, install the amsoil into the rear of the airbox while it is off the car!

Here is what I emailed to a cutomer the other day:

"Do this with the engine cold, and disconnect the battery for at least an hour to reset the ECU while you do the filter. The airbox is at the back of the motor, near the throttle body. Loosen and remove the bolt on the driver side of the airbox that holds the alarm siren on if you have that option. Then loosen the hose clamps on the passenger side of the airbox that hold the GanzFlow air intake in place, and lay that end onto a thick towel that you place under it so it wont get scratched. DO NOT remove the hose clamps that hold the air box onto the throttle body of the motor.

Then, flip open the three metal clamps that hold the two halves of the airbox togetherm and the rear section of the airbox can now be removed. Remove the old air filter and save it in case you ever might need it (unless it is very dirty already). With the rear section of the airbox out, install the new AMSOIL filter into the rear section of the airbox, with the metal screen facing the motor (this screen keeps the motor from sucking the foam into the engine). The filter will be a tight fit, and the metal screen will not fit within the edges of the rear section of the airbox - this is normal.

Replace the rear section of the airbox, placing the lower section into position first and swinging the top of the rear airbox forward after that, clamping the three clamps to hold it closed. Then reattach the intake and the alarm siren.

That's it."

Larry www.ImprezaRS.com
ImprezaRS dot com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 04:12 AM   #3
jhayzhon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2933
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Hey were you in the group buy 2-3 weeks ago for Larry's intake? I'm wondering cause i'm STILL waiting for my darn amsoil filter. My intake came in 2 weeks ago and its collecting dust in my room waiting for the amsoil...ugh ugh ugh.
jhayzhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 09:46 PM   #4
ImprezaRS dot com
over boosted again

Member#: 1458
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2015 Forester 2.0 XT
2005 2.5 RS, 2013 Tribeca

jliang - Skirvdawg ordered his on 1/21/01 and you on 1/24/01 - so you might have missed the cutoff for the batch of AMSOIL filters they make when his shiped out. You would be then be getting yours form the next batch...

Larry

PS: You can install the intake now, and install the AMSOIL later...
ImprezaRS dot com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2001, 12:45 AM   #5
Retsyn
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1910
Chapter/Region: NESIC
I just did it the other day. What a B1tch it was to get it in. Works AWESOME though! My next purchase will be a GanzFlow!
Retsyn is offline   Reply With Quote