Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday June 30, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-15-2001, 09:11 PM   #1
AaronB
Worst Mod Ever

Member#: 369
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
12 Vagon

Question Fuel Pressure problems

I installed one of Shiv's hi-flow fuel pumps tonight. I also have a Vortech SFMU (which is basically a RRFPR).

After installing the fuel pump in the tank with the car in the "on" position I can adjust the idle fuel pressure to about 40 psi, which is about 2 psi higher than normal. So that is fairly close.

When the car is running I am unable to get the fuel pressure lower than 54 psi at idle. I have adjusted the vaccum set screw from all the way closed to all the way open and fuel pressure changes by less than 1 psi. Before adding the new pump I was able to have it at 38 psi (stock). It seems the vaccum adjustment isn't doing anything.

With this much pressure at idle I am hitting 85psi when on boost. Which is WAY too high.

Has anyone encountered anything similar? Has anyone else installed Shiv's pump without a Tec-II? The instructions that came with the Vortech unit are a joke and don't indicate much of anything, other than use the vaccum adjust to obtain the correct fuel pressure when the car is at idle.

All pressures are being indicated by my Autometer Electric fuel pressure guage.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2001, 11:20 PM   #2
IMPBOY
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 65
Huh? normal idle pressure is 38 psi? How come mine reads 32 psi? Under full throttle, it's like 42-44 psi. Is something wrong here?
00 rs
IMPBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 12:45 AM   #3
AaronB
Worst Mod Ever

Member#: 369
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
12 Vagon

Ok I got it figured out here is the thread from the Vishnu board where Shiv explained it to me in the newbie terms I needed
http://www.vishnuperformance.com/ubb...ML/000499.html

Thanks Shiv.

Impboy,

Mine always read 37-39 at idle before the turbo was added, not sure why your RS is reading so much differently?

Aaron http://www.azscooby.com
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote