Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-18-2000, 10:20 PM   #1
HydeX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2497
Vehicle:
2001 2.5 RS
Blue Ridge Pearl

Question Rallispec air intake

Anyone got any info on how well this intake is compared to others or can someone give me a good opinion on what intake is good for the impreza
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
HydeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2000, 10:38 PM   #2
legacyGT00
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2052
Wink

Ahhh, the eternal question. Which intake is the "best"? Try the search feature on the old technical forum. Or in this one once the stuff is moved. You will find this topic covered extensively. And your conclusion? RalliSpec? Weapon R? Crazy water-sucking ram air? Straight pipe into the wheel well? Who really knows. Unless you put each one on your particular car and run it on an AWD dyno with a fan blowing cool air on the intake, you'll never know for sure. An even then, would you ever REALLY know?

But the short answer is if you get one from RalliSpec, Cobb Tunning, JC Sport or Weapon R they'll all do pretty much the same.

It's late. I'm feeling rhetorical. Please do take a look at the search. There's a grotesque amount of discussion on this topic.
legacyGT00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2000, 10:46 PM   #3
Faraz
What?...
Do they speak English in What?

Member#: 1459
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2008 WRX 5door MT
WR Blue

1) TRi Tuning ...Chris is a God, and the SARD filters are the Best! True racing filters ...along with the air resvoir(sp?) to store built up air ...so you won't lose low end ....I hear that TRi is marking another change to their intake once agian to become the clear cut Best intake... Hopefully They'lll need a AT tranny RS tester ...i will be that person I will do that for you Chris!

2) Impreza dot.com / Larry's intake ...Larry makes the best bang for the buck ...TRi intake is just a little better

3)Ralispec- and great intake, but at $300 I don't have bank like that for a intake

4) JC sports- solid intake with dyno information... shipping,customer service, and all parts included are known problems though

5) 8complex's - but that's more of ram air and low end torque is why i love this car

6)Deadbolt and Templar's intakes-solid design and great looks with quality filters

7)iSR Intake - heard nothing but good things and, pam (WRXGirl) has a great track record

Then in 8th is a Weapon R intake w/ BLITZ filter... not the crap it comes with.

But this really is a newbie question, and I bet will get moved
Faraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2000, 08:04 AM   #4
Temple
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2656
Any more information or pictures of the TRI intake? Checked TRI-Tuning web site and did not find anything besides a drop-in filter.
Temple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2000, 08:07 AM   #5
8Complex

Member#: 922
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
04 FXT
Red

Hey Faraz, I don't lose much low-end, the more ya say it, the more people shun me about it and it isn't even true. LOL
8Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2000, 04:39 PM   #6
JC
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 692
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2006 Pontiac GTO M6
Triumph Street Triple R

Faraz, why would a ram air intake lose low end?

edit: When the time comes, I'll probably go with something like Brucelee's.

[This message has been edited by JC (edited October 26, 2000).]
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2000, 05:06 PM   #7
Memnoch

Member#:
Basically it's because of losing the airbox. Air gets stored there for when the engine needs it, it's readily available, it doesn't have to suck through any intake piping to get there.