Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 01:48 AM   #1
Boxerscoopy90
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309974
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default Uel header question

Finally i got my ebay uel header for my 07 impreza and im installing it in a couple of days i have decided that i wouldnt wrap it ir even having a thermal coating . However i've read that the more heat the header would create under the engine bay could make things go bad or melt i dont remember . My questin is what are the things that i have to worry about because of the excess heat that the header would create
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Boxerscoopy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
klaus_b2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318411
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: North Carolina
Default

the header probably wont even bolt up
klaus_b2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:22 AM   #3
Bababou
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280689
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Glendale, Az
Vehicle:
2010 2.5i Impreza
Newport blue

Default

From what I have seen your better off using a hightemp header paint but not header wrap. The wrap will actually make the header rot out. Also Im guessing you know that there are multiple things to mod to make a header from Ebay work on your car.
Bababou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:42 AM   #4
Bababou
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280689
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Glendale, Az
Vehicle:
2010 2.5i Impreza
Newport blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaus_b2 View Post
the header probably wont even bolt up

Not true, it will bolt up just kicks out on the wrong side to match up to anything else.
Bababou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
20g07wrx254
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 306217
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Killeem, Tx
Vehicle:
2007 wrx
white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerscoopy90
Finally i got my ebay uel header for my 07 impreza and im installing it in a couple of days i have decided that i wouldnt wrap it ir even having a thermal coating . However i've read that the more heat the header would create under the engine bay could make things go bad or melt i dont remember . My questin is what are the things that i have to worry about because of the excess heat that the header would create
They are right. Ebay **** very very very seldom will be a direct fit for ANY car. Gotta be careful with eBay most of the **** on there is junk anyways. Spend the extra $ and get a decent part. Doesnt even have to be top of the line
20g07wrx254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
tludwins539
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 149764
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Avenel, NJ
Vehicle:
2007 2.5i
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20g07wrx254 View Post
They are right. Ebay **** very very very seldom will be a direct fit for ANY car. Gotta be careful with eBay most of the **** on there is junk anyways. Spend the extra $ and get a decent part. Doesnt even have to be top of the line
Borla Replica Ebay headers have been the preference for many 06/07 NA UEL headers. More people talk about the borlas cracking and other problems.

I have had borlas on my car for ~60k miles without anything melting or any other issues after the initial issues with the o2 sensor extensions and relocation.
tludwins539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
20g07wrx254
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 306217
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Killeem, Tx
Vehicle:
2007 wrx
white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tludwins539

Borla Replica Ebay headers have been the preference for many 06/07 NA UEL headers. More people talk about the borlas cracking and other problems.

I have had borlas on my car for ~60k miles without anything melting or any other issues after the initial issues with the o2 sensor extensions and relocation.
Its hit or miss with ebay
20g07wrx254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
Boxerscoopy90
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309974
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default

Fitment shouldn't be a problem and i know about this . But i know nothing about that high temp header paint do u think its a good idea ?! And btw what if it cracks by the time would i end up just getting another one or there is a solution dor these cracks
Boxerscoopy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #9
Bababou
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280689
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Glendale, Az
Vehicle:
2010 2.5i Impreza
Newport blue

Default

The header paint is to keep it from rusting, its not going to retain much if any heat but its cheap insurance aginst rotting out. If you use it just make sure you follow the curing process on the can, its a set of heat cycles. If it cracks an exhaust shop should be able to weld it for you cheaper then a replacement.
Bababou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #10
Boxerscoopy90
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309974
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default

Got it thx for clarifying
Boxerscoopy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
Garbels90
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322129
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Canada, ON
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza SE
Newport Blue

Default

I need help. I have a question about UEL headers making my nonturbo impreza sound nicer. I see people on youtube that have done it to their non turbo imprezas and it almost sounds almost like a wrx. im not trying to get that turbo sound, im just trying to get that nice subaru rumble that the wrxs have.
Professionals say its not possible but like i said earlier other people have put Uel headers and an intake on their non turbos and it sounds much much better, anyone have any info? Because i dont want to go ahead and buy all the parts only to find out it doesnt work. thanks
-Dylan
Garbels90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #12
Bababou
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280689
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Glendale, Az
Vehicle:
2010 2.5i Impreza
Newport blue

Default

Use the search option it does wonders. You have two options. What this guy is doing, pre 06 header and replace everything back from there or the rallisport racing header. Go forth and search on. Yes they either one will work, pick what you prefer to do.
Bababou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #13
klaus_b2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318411
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: North Carolina
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbels90 View Post
I need help. I have a question about UEL headers making my nonturbo impreza sound nicer. I see people on youtube that have done it to their non turbo imprezas and it almost sounds almost like a wrx. im not trying to get that turbo sound, im just trying to get that nice subaru rumble that the wrxs have.
Professionals say its not possible but like i said earlier other people have put Uel headers and an intake on their non turbos and it sounds much much better, anyone have any info? Because i dont want to go ahead and buy all the parts only to find out it doesnt work. thanks
-Dylan
follow my thread if you want...im doing the borla setup. and be ready to spend some cash lol
klaus_b2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #14
spazsubaru
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273127
Join Date: Feb 2011
Vehicle:
2007 impreza 2.5i
Black

Default

mine just got installed today. they needed a 90 degree angle for it to bolt up to my apex n1. reallllly loud subie rumble
spazsubaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.