Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-19-2004, 02:07 PM   #1
Cyberdemon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 11701
Vehicle:
2008 Acura TL-S
2001 Corvette

Default Logitech Z640 Speakers

So after reading the Doom 3 review, I've decided it would be a good time to finally invest in a set of new speakers. My current Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers I personally am still completely happy with, since they deliver great sound and the sub bonk's like a mofo. These will be used almost exclusively for my PC, so DVD usage probably won't be much of an issue.

Most reviews seem to say that for the price ($55 off NewEgg) they're great. But I was wondering if anyone here uses them. I remember seeing a thread about this a while ago, but a search didn't bring up any results.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 02:21 PM   #2
Kighr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 26550
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Sedona Red

Where is a Doom3 review?
Kighr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 02:31 PM   #3
fuzzyrex
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 63037
Vehicle:
2003 dirty WRX
Waiting to trade for STi

I have a set of them that I got from Amazon for a rediculous price ($30 free shipping I love sales). Nice speakers, I currently use them for my ghetto home theater setup. For the price they are great, I guess. Someday I'll have a desktop and I can plug them into a surround sound setting.
fuzzyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 02:41 PM   #4
Cyberdemon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 11701
Vehicle:
2008 Acura TL-S
2001 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kighr
Where is a Doom3 review?
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595708

There should be pictures and a transcript by Kaiser in there that have the preview/review of it.
Cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:11 PM   #5
henzly23
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 35286
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
PSM

I have 2 sets... bought them both when a sale / rebate promo was going on. One sets hooked up to my PC and the other set is bedroom surround sound. Lots of performance for the $$$. Had them almost 2 years now and couldn't be happier. Highly recommended!
henzly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:29 AM   #6
Kaiser
Ansel Adams of the Cornfield

Member#: 7170
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
Aut Kaiser,
aut nullus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon
So after reading the Doom 3 review, I've decided it would be a good time to finally invest in a set of new speakers.
ARGH!! Bastid, now I have to keep up with the Joneses and buy myself a set too.

Yeah, I finally got my PC Gamer and read their comment again about surround sound being a must. Damn it.
Kaiser is online now   Reply With Quote