Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday November 26, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-26-2004, 08:24 PM   #1
Rimfaxe
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 58936
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT Ltd
Atlantic Blue

Default :( VA Pence Subaru (Midlothian)

Warranty issue: 05 Legacy GT Ltd. Sedan: Driver's headrest developed a split in the seam. The service manager looked at the seam split and said he would order another under warranty. I asked him to give me a call when it came in. He took the VIN of my car and I went on my way.

After two weeks wait, I finally called and asked about the headrest. They had no record of anything. They asked me for the VIN number again and said that they would order another headrest and call me when it came in.

It has now been 17 days since I first went there. The service manager apologized for the mistake. I will hopefully get it replaced in the next week or so. I'll keep you all posted. Seems to be much harder than is sould be.

Rimfaxe
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Rimfaxe; 07-26-2004 at 08:52 PM.
Rimfaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:55 AM   #2
Rimfaxe
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT Ltd
Atlantic Blue

follow up on the headrest: It was three weeks to the day to get things resolved. When I arrived to swap the old headrest out, the dealership couldn't locate the part at first . After 5-10 minutes of looking around, they found it and we put it in. The whole thing should have taken about 1-1.5 weeks, but it ended up taking twice as long because they forgot to order the part the first time.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:26 PM   #3
The Evil Twin
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 57861
Vehicle:
2007 LGT
OBP, 04 STi (traded)

Angry

After making several phone calls to various parties today, I recieved a phone call from the dealership and they asked me to come back in to address the problem I am having...I will wait to to see if I need to replace my original post...see if they restore my faith

Last edited by The Evil Twin; 08-14-2004 at 12:08 AM.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:57 AM   #4
Rimfaxe
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT Ltd
Atlantic Blue

Why does it seem to be such a PIA to get the car maintained and repaired? I would love to post something good about the dealers if they would just come through for me.

I ordered the alarm system upgrade and want to get some of the functions reprogrammed on the car, but I fear that the dealerships don't know how to reprogram these things. They have not given me much confidence in their abilities.

Does anyone know of a knowledgable Subie tech within a hundred miles of Richmond VA?

I still wonder about the 'leftover' bolt that I found on the passenger floormat when I had the airbags replaced. An email to SOA will get you a response from them. I'm not sure if anything comes from it though.

I made four trips (to another dealership) to get the airbags replaced. I marked them off the list when I finally got the car put back together. I was hopeful that Pence would be a good substitute. Perhaps I'm wrong on this.

The only other nearby dealership is Richmond Subaru and I really didn't like the way I was treated when I tried to purchase a Legacy GT from them back in May. I'm fast running out of choices. Is it too much to expect work to be completed properly and promptly *(and done right the first time?)