Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 12, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > 'Old School' Subaru Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-21-2004, 10:46 AM   #1
rallykeith
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34989
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
06 2.5i wagon
88 RX

Default Spyder Intake Pics and help needed

Well, I tried this over on the USMB with basically no help so far. I have the chance to pickup an 87.5 XT Turbo spyder intake for $50. Problem is that it doesn't have the throttle body on it.

So, question #1
What throttle bodies will bolt on directly and work in place of the original

And Question #2
Is there a difference between the throttle body on an automatic vs. a stick, and can I use the automatic on a stick car?

Also, looking at something I saw I'm a little confused about what all I need to make the intake manifold work on my car.

So, here we are at question #3
Does anybody have pictures of a complete spyder intake? Something that shows the throttle body side and also where the injectors go.

Thanks,
Keith
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
rallykeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 06:00 PM   #2
silvershad0w
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 54124
Vehicle:
1988 Subaru RX, x3
White, White, Black

I have a spider intake here - it's a N/A style w/ no egr, but should be very similar to yours. Mine is in peices but I can get you photos of it in different stages of 'mock up'.

Auto vs. Stick I'm not aware of any TB differences - i'm not even sure which type my spider came off of.

I'll get some pictures for you here in a second.
silvershad0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 07:07 PM   #3
silvershad0w
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 54124
Vehicle:
1988 Subaru RX, x3
White, White, Black

Take a look, 12 pictures here:
http://oldlink

I don't have a stock ea82t manifold TB off yet, but it looks from the best measuring I could do that it will bolt right up to my spider manifold, looks like same bolt pattern. When I go to clean that stock manifold I will have a definite answer.

Download and save the pictures you want, I am only going to leave them up for about a day or so. They are going on my website instead, so they will be publicly posted there as soon as it's finished.

(pic gone)

Last edited by silvershad0w; 09-22-2004 at 08:27 AM.
silvershad0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:20 AM   #4
rallykeith
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34989
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
06 2.5i wagon
88 RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvershad0w
Take a look, 12 pictures here:
http://oldlink

I don't have a stock ea82t manifold TB off yet, but it looks from the best measuring I could do that it will bolt right up to my spider manifold, looks like same bolt pattern. When I go to clean that stock manifold I will have a definite answer.

Download and save the pictures you want, I am only going to leave them up for about a day or so. They are going on my website instead, so they will be publicly posted there as soon as it's finished.

(pic gone)

Thanks.
I found one at a salvage yard for $100, but after getting pictures from the yard and getting some response over on the USMB it turns out its missing the water pipe section. I bought it anyway, because they are very hard to find. I'm going to be trying to build a sick motor, shooting for 200hp at the wheels, so some of it's going to be custom anyway, but having a stock setup to start with would make it easier.

Thanks,
Keith
rallykeith is offline   Reply With Quote