Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-11-2004, 07:24 PM   #1
gsaint77
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 65522
Vehicle:
1996 subaru outback
green

Subaru Banner NEED more HP on my 96 subaru ouback 2.5L

I have a 96 SUBARU OUTBACK 2.5 L AUTOMATIC STOCK 155HP . I WOULD TO ACHIEVE AT LEAST 225 TO 260HP WITH THIS CAR WITHOUT TURBO. IS IT POSSIBLE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PUT DOWN A LIST OF WHAT SHOULD I START WITH TO ACHIEVE THIS WITHOUT TURBO. AND LATER IF I WANT MORE I WILL PUT A TURBO. I WAS LOOKING AT A SUBARU THAT ARE IN UNITED KINGDOM SITES AND THEIR CAR HAVE B4 EJ25TT 2.5 WITH TWIN TURBO AUTOMATIC. I CHECK OTHER WEBSITE MY MIND WAS AMAZED AT COBBTUNING AND XCCELERATION , http://www.xcceleration.com/ . http://cobbtuning.com/legacy/. THIS IS THE THE LIST THAT I PUT TOGETHER SO FAR PLEASE LE ME KNOW IF ITS POSSIBLE. 1 COLD AIR INTAKE , DUAL CAT-BACK EXAUST SYSTEM LIKE THE 2005 SUBARU OUTBACK . POWER PULLEY. Cylinder Head Package DOHC. STAGE1 SHORT BLOCK. HEADERS, STREET PERFOMANCE CAMS, HIGH LIFT VALVETRAIN, TORQUE CONVERTER FOR THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, FUEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, UPGRADE THE COMPUTER CHIP. Venom 400 Control Module:, A BIGGER THROTTLE BODIES SO THE CAR COULD BREATH IN THIS CAR, .AEM 4-Channel, Twin-Cap Digital C2DI Ignition Module, SPARK PLUGS DENSO IRADIUM,Nology HotWires spark plug wires set. IF IM MISSING ANYTHING ELSE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HELP ME OUT WITH THIS PROJECT. THE AMOUNT I WOULD LIKE TO SPEND WOULD BE $4000 DOLLARS. ANY IDEA WOULD BE WONDERFUL.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by gsaint77; 09-11-2004 at 07:46 PM.
gsaint77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:26 PM   #2
jamesfacts
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 51282
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
98 RS
black & blue from parking

Maybe you could invest in a caps key?

You will never complete your list under 4k. Sorry, thats the truth. For info on a serious N/A build, Dcoty is the guy to talk to, but I'd do some more research before asking him questions.

For my 4k, I'd buy a set of equal-length headers, straight midpipe, and a WRX axleback. Add on a good panel filter (Cone filter intake kits are worthless on your car), new plugs (NGK-v powa, or anything copper), fuel filter and an S-AFC... and you'll have a good start.

Then, I'd invest in a port and polish of the heads, TWE stage II cams, or Cobb spicy cams, uprated tq converter and a set of good rubber. I'm sure there are plenty of other people how can advise you too... in the meantime, search, search, search.
jamesfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:35 PM   #3
RyansJDMgc8
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 65462
Vehicle:
01' 2.5RS
Silver/Carbon Fiber

That VENOM400 Control Module is a pile of crap. Might as well go on EBAY and buy one of those .99$ resistors. You'll get the same performance (none) and spend $399.01 less.

But on a serious note, You should spend that $4000 and do an engine swap because you would have to spend twice that to get 260HP out of your NA motor.
RyansJDMgc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 02:42 AM   #4
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru

Member#: 2272
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru 599 :P
Galaxy Blue Sexy

Without turbo? The Cobb stage 3 package will get you close to 220... Otherwise, you need a turbo or two more cylinders.

And loose the caps.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote