Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 11, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Southern California Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2004, 05:27 AM   #1
ImportVenom
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34204
Join Date: Mar 2003
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WR Blue

Default Anyone in Hacienda/Rowland Heights still up? GF has flat tire, needs help w/spare

Hey all, I'm out of state right now, and was wondering if any of you local ppl near Puente Hills mall are still up? If you'd be willing to help my gf put on a spare tire, I'll buy you lunch next time I'm back in town. There's a guy trying to help right now but doesn't seem to know what he's doing...respond back here if you can...thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ImportVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 05:44 AM   #2
xdorgx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 69467
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Southern California
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STi
CGM

Default

waaay far, or else I'd help out...how could the dude helping out be having problems?! haha..hope all goes well.
xdorgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 06:03 AM   #3
Subi114
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 48401
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2015 STi
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

where she at exactly?
let me know
Subi114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 06:39 AM   #4
ImportVenom
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34204
Join Date: Mar 2003
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WR Blue

Default

Thanks for the offer! A customer managed to help her out. She was at a gas station, and the worker couldn't figure out how to use the stock jack. Then a customer came by and it took him a while to figure it out too. I kept trying to explaining it. It was VERY frustrating. I'm just happy she made it home okay with her spare. Hopefully the tire is still repairable. She drove with it for 3 miles and it had a nail in it. Thanks again guys!
ImportVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 06:43 AM   #5
US2JDM
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 5893
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Fairport, NY
Vehicle:
1997 Black GC4
1995 White BK6

Default

Word.
US2JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 03:34 PM   #6
ChangstaWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 62329
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Westwood,CA 310
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
Infamous Designz

Default

Is it really that hard to put a spare on?
ChangstaWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 06:17 PM   #7
Jungdragon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 39529
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Socal
Vehicle:
03 wrx
black

Default

aren't all spare jacks pretty similar
Jungdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 06:31 PM   #8
ImportVenom
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34204
Join Date: Mar 2003
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungdragon
aren't all spare jacks pretty similar
Yeah LOL. They mainly couldn't figure out how to use the tools to turn the spare jack.
ImportVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:58 AM   #9
dcwrx2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 69005
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: SoCal
Vehicle:
'04 4EAT Wgn
WRB

Default

FYI, the jack that came with my 2001 VW New Beetle, has a plastic "turning knob" attached to the jack. This knob is aim to provide good grip for jacking up the car by hand, BUT it is also the joke of the jack itself: The turning knob cannot be removed and replaced by other tools. That is, if I planned to use that jack, I really have to use my hand to turn and turn and turn the knob.... In fact, the "best record" I did was jacking up the Beetle by 2 inches, that's it. The knob has diameter of about 2.5 inches, and NO WAY I can jack the car all the way up using my bare hands unless the threading of the bolt of the jack is very very thin.

Afterall, not all jacks are created equal, lol.
dcwrx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 01:13 PM   #10
JDM addict
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 42976
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Del Mar, California
Vehicle:
04' Subie
Econobox Rocket

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcwrx2
FYI, the jack that came with my 2001 VW New Beetle, has a plastic "turning knob" attached to the jack. This knob is aim to provide good grip for jacking up the car by hand, BUT it is also the joke of the jack itself: The turning knob cannot be removed and replaced by other tools. That is, if I planned to use that jack, I really have to use my hand to turn and turn and turn the knob.... In fact, the "best record" I did was jacking up the Beetle by 2 inches, that's it. The knob has diameter of about 2.5 inches, and NO WAY I can jack the car all the way up using my bare hands unless the threading of the bolt of the jack is very very thin.

Afterall, not all jacks are created equal, lol.
German engineering, got to be the best
JDM addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 01:34 AM   #11
dcwrx2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 69005
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: SoCal
Vehicle:
'04 4EAT Wgn
WRB

Default

I wonder if that jack was made by Germans..... coz I know 30% were from German and they were all engine/powertrain parts, and the other 70% were from Mexico, hehehe.
dcwrx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 02:08 AM   #12
JDM addict
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 42976
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Del Mar, California
Vehicle:
04' Subie
Econobox Rocket

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcwrx2
I wonder if that jack was made by Germans..... coz I know 30% were from German and they were all engine/powertrain parts, and the other 70% were from Mexico, hehehe.
probably made in China, everything made in China now a days
JDM addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gaah! flat tire need helpy! Spec.Ops1 Rocky Mountains Impreza Club Forum -- RMIC 15 09-07-2006 10:38 AM
anyone ever get not 1, not 2, but 3 flat tires at once? enozto Off-Topic 18 09-06-2005 02:50 PM
Flat tire - need replaicement fast in Dallas! newsman Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 6 04-24-2005 06:14 PM
Nail In tire, need help fast!! Dtdunk North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 3 04-29-2004 04:51 AM
Anyone in Rochester know someone at a Subaru service shop?? I need help!!!! Dirty B Tri-State Area Forum 5 01-22-2002 07:03 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.