Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday April 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-20-2004, 03:25 PM   #1
golden_child
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 38395
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Default Before and after the install of a TBE and gutting factory uppipe

Well guys I was one of the stock guys with nothing done to my car but a MBC and Turbo timer. But I finally talked myself into doing the complete exhaust. I ended up with a PDE 4' downpipe and with the Cel fix built on and I also have the the Orignal Boral. I decided when I bought the stuff that I would go ahead and take the Uppipe out and gut it.

So We started out with the TBE exhaust and removed it and then pulled the uppipe. We had to raise the motor up to get it out but it was no big deal. The uppipe took a lot of work to get it out and then gut it. Let me tell you, I probably will never volunteer to gut a factory uppipe again. That took the longest. But once we gutted it and cleaned it out and wired brushes it to make sure that it was clean we started the installation process. This part was great because we knew how everything came out and so could put it back a lot faster. Once that was in we put the uppipe in with no problems everything else fell into place.

I was not really all at easy witht he fact that I was putting a muffler on that i havent heard on another car yet and have heard that it sounds mean but is really loud. Well let me tell you when we started the car up it growled. It sounds awesome but really loud. However the after affect of gutting the uppipe and doing the full TBE was great. It car seems to run a lot better and has more driveability at lower RPM's. It spools up about 700 RPM's fast and doesnt waste not time. If anybody was thinking about doing this, it is definatly a great upgrade. The sounds is unique and awesome. When we went out to dinner and drove the car hondas and acura's would look really hard and you could see then talking about the car and pointing but i wasnt lucky enough to get to play. They keep their distance.

If anybody is looking at doing this or has questions. I would be more than happy to help out.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
golden_child is offline   Reply With Quote