Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > 'Old School' Subaru Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-04-2004, 04:11 PM   #1
Coffinrunner
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 71504
Vehicle:
1989 Loyale & Legacy
89 is grey, 90 is red

Question Loyale Hatch stuck shut

Hey all. I STILL can't get down to those other 2 cars I won yet, so I wonder if anyone out there has access to the handle and spring assembly for the rear hatch on the Loyale S/W? Mine snapped today , so the hatch is stuck shut now, so it twas fun watching us crawl about getting our things out of the back area through the back seat Heck, I'm gonna need those plastic snap things for the rear cover as well because I know I'm gonna have to force the cover off and I know I'm gonna break them as welll. If anyone has a donor part, let me know and let's see what we can work out....... Thanks for the read irregardless.........
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Coffinrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:36 PM   #2
MilesFox
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 64965
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
87 87 RX 95 Legacy
duplicolor, aluminum

if you take the cover off you can manually work the rods inside. my buddys loyale would do the same thing, because the power lock mechanism was out of orientation, a slight tweaking fixed the problem
MilesFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:28 PM   #3
Coffinrunner
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 71504
Vehicle:
1989 Loyale & Legacy
89 is grey, 90 is red

Subaru Stars

Well, when I posted that, I was all worried about not finding a good fix for the handle: I found a PERFECT FIT I tried a handle assembly out of a '98 wagon out in our yard (I work at a local salvage yard) and it's an EXACT match (The same car I got my front seats from. Front brackets bolt down with a little straightening, but I have to drill new hols for the back 2, but they DO work, and sit a little taller inthe little wagon ) The bushings and all work, so I freshened up the works Color me happy I'll see if the trim pop rivets work between the 2 (it looks like they do). If anyone needs a handle assembly for there wagon, let me know and I'll have another pulled. I'm pulling another as a spare, just in case Anyways, take care and thanks for listening to me babble! These cars are a learning experience, that's for sure, and I wouldn't trade my Soobs for the world Adios and take care allOff to the Legacy side to see if (one more time) if anyone can help locate an elusive AWD auto trans for my '90 Legacy
Coffinrunner is offline   Reply With Quote