Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 26, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Water/Methanol Injection, Nitrous & Intercooler Cooling

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2004, 09:22 AM   #1
Rickyh
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 40453
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Metairie, Louisiana
Default anyone familiar with these water injection kits?

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Rickyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:03 AM   #2
fragment
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 8050
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Bugeye EJ207 - T3T04S
Vehicle:
2007 Wagon VF36

Default

Don't have any experience with it, but it looks almost exactly like the one sold by WRXTuner (NavyBlueSuby on this board).

Lots of people use that kit, or make their own from similar parts. Check out RiftsWRX for info.
fragment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:18 AM   #3
sixpack subaru
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 64974
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: My Shed, Melbourne, Australia
Vehicle:
1995 WRX,APEXi,HKS,$
Faded, Stonechipped Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragment
Don't have any experience with it, but it looks almost exactly like the one sold by WRXTuner (NavyBlueSuby on this board).

Lots of people use that kit, or make their own from similar parts. Check out RiftsWRX for info.
G'Day,
I DID NOT look at the site......
I am assuming that when you say, "Water Injection" you mean adding H2o to the Intake Air??? If so I CANNOT recommend it!! That is 'Old Tecnology' introduced Way before Intercoolers or water sprayers on same.
Bit like..."Want more Cubes?? Stroke It!!"--NOT ANYMORE, essentially you are displacing valuable combustion space that could be used by a colder charge air filling that space instead! NOBODY HERE OR IN JAPAN DOES THIS ANYMORE...sorry to yell

Sixpack
sixpack subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:20 AM   #4
ride5000
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32792
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: lincoln, ri
Vehicle:
2003 GGA MBP
12.9 / 105+

Default

sounds closed-minded, 6-pack. there are some folks using it for some good gains on this board.

jm2c
ken
ride5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:24 AM   #5
fragment
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 8050
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Bugeye EJ207 - T3T04S
Vehicle:
2007 Wagon VF36

Default

6-pak is right. WI is old tech. In fact, so is IC (internal combustion), so we should all stop using it right away
fragment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:26 AM   #6
hotrod
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 14141
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: 13.239@102.85 @ 5800 ft on 13T
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
e85forum.net

Default

Quote:
NOBODY HERE OR IN JAPAN DOES THIS ANYMORE
Except the Subaru factory WRC team that is !!!!

Larry
hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:29 AM   #7
sixpack subaru
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 64974
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: My Shed, Melbourne, Australia
Vehicle:
1995 WRX,APEXi,HKS,$
Faded, Stonechipped Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod
Except the Subaru factory WRC team that is !!!!

Larry
I have gone over the WRC car with a fine tooth comb and let ME ASSURE YOU IT HAS NO WATER INJECTION, neither do Class N,B,R or A.
You are, (as a collegue on this forum has stated), a BRAIN FART!!
Tell me why you need it?? I'm Waiting.......
sixpack subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:38 AM   #8
sixpack subaru
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 64974
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: My Shed, Melbourne, Australia
Vehicle:
1995 WRX,APEXi,HKS,$
Faded, Stonechipped Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride5000
sounds closed-minded, 6-pack. there are some folks using it for some good gains on this board.

jm2c
ken
Thanks for not being rude......teach some people!
WHY, if all you need to do is displace air/fuel to increase compression and lower combustion temps, (marginally as the increased comp makes up for it),
then why don't we all see it factory??? If it was the case, we would be buying fuel that was 75% Hydrocarbons and the other 25% would be made up of 19%Water and 6%Methylated Spirits, (to make the water soluable)??
Like I said, OLD SKOOL!!! Timed misfire, front mount cooler with minimal piping, 100RON Fuels, all backed by MILLIONS of dollars....yeah, lets pump some H2o where the Air and Fule is SUPPOSED to go.........right....NOT!

You guys are great!!

I haven't laughed so hard for a long time.....


Sixpack
sixpack subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:45 AM   #9
DISCOPOPE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 43339
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: mpls, mn
Vehicle:
2oo4 STi
URgt35r w/t3hM3finj3cki0n

Default

sixpack, it seems you do not have a firm grasp on the concept behing water injection...
DISCOPOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:53 AM   #10
sixpack subaru
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 64974
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: My Shed, Melbourne, Australia
Vehicle:
1995 WRX,APEXi,HKS,$
Faded, Stonechipped Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISCOPOPE
sixpack, it seems you do not have a firm grasp on the concept behing water injection...
OK, elighten me your exellency.......concepts have never been my strong point
sixpack subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:04 PM   #11
CMJ
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 39235
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: L.A., CA
Default

Here are a few news clips I pulled from the 2002 wrc season, subaru did and still does use water injection. Your fine tooth comb is not fine enough.

News from the stages
Makinen spun in SS1 - engine software problem and water injection system problems
Colin McRae (Ford) missed a junction and went off the road in SS1 - dropped 1 minute
Valentino Rossi (Peugeot) - off the road. Retired in SS2
Justin Dale (Mitsubishi) rolled in SS2.
Justin Dale (Mitsubishi) lost time in SS3 with a water leak. Retired at service -roll cage damaged
Richard Burns (Peugeot) dropped nearly two minutes in SS3 - lost the turbo pipe and completed the stage without it.
Mark Higgins damaged steering, went off on right hand bend, sustained damage to drivers' door. Continuing.
SS4 - Stage cancelled due to spectators - Clerk of the Course Fred Gallagher said, "SS4 has been cancelled on the recommendation of the FIA Safety Delegate due to the pressure of spectators."


Subaru (3rd - 12 points)
Technical: Subaru introduces the latest version of its Impreza World Rally Car in Corsica. Described by the team's technical chief David Lapworth as 'an evolution, not a revolution', the WRC2002 features four main changes in the engine bay. The exhaust manifold's position has been altered slightly to boost power, while there are also modifications to the turbo housing, flywheel (now lightened) and the water injection system. Subaru has also altered the 'splitter lip' at the front of the car - the new design gives a slight improvement in aerodynamics but is mainly designed to be more resilient when cars cut corners.
CMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:08 PM   #12
rewt
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 60794
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Somewhere in Northern DE
Vehicle:
2007 Solstice GXP

Default

back on topic :

i have corresponded with the guy via email, and it seems like a great kit (though i haven't purchased the kit... yet). he is very knowledgeable and quick to help and answer questions.

by the way... he is offering a special on clubwrx, so if you are interested in the kit, you might save a few bucks:
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...threadid=76639

P.S. i have no association with the vendor, and i offer this information since i was looking at the same kit. maybe some people with more experience with WI can chime in on this thread...
rewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:14 PM   #13
sixpack subaru
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 64974
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: My Shed, Melbourne, Australia
Vehicle:
1995 WRX,APEXi,HKS,$
Faded, Stonechipped Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMJ
Here are a few news clips I pulled from the 2002 wrc season, subaru did and still does use water injection. Your fine tooth comb is not fine enough.

News from the stages
Makinen spun in SS1 - engine software problem and water injection system problems
Colin McRae (Ford) missed a junction and went off the road in SS1 - dropped 1 minute
Valentino Rossi (Peugeot) - off the road. Retired in SS2
Justin Dale (Mitsubishi) rolled in SS2.
Justin Dale (Mitsubishi) lost time in SS3 with a water leak. Retired at service -roll cage damaged
Richard Burns (Peugeot) dropped nearly two minutes in SS3 - lost the turbo pipe and completed the stage without it.
Mark Higgins damaged steering, went off on right hand bend, sustained damage to drivers' door. Continuing.
SS4 - Stage cancelled due to spectators - Clerk of the Course Fred Gallagher said, "SS4 has been cancelled on the recommendation of the FIA Safety Delegate due to the pressure of spectators."


Subaru (3rd - 12 points)
Technical: Subaru introduces the latest version of its Impreza World Rally Car in Corsica. Described by the team's technical chief David Lapworth as 'an evolution, not a revolution', the WRC2002 features four main changes in the engine bay. The exhaust manifold's position has been altered slightly to boost power, while there are also modifications to the turbo housing, flywheel (now lightened) and the water injection system. Subaru has also altered the 'splitter lip' at the front of the car - the new design gives a slight improvement in aerodynamics but is mainly designed to be more resilient when cars cut corners.
Water Injection on what??????you $%$*%(*&%($
And yeah............2002?
sixpack subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:18 PM   #14
CMJ
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 39235
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: L.A., CA
Default

Please don't post miss information.
here's an article on the 2004 wrc car, read this article fully. http://64.119.173.9/forums/showthread.php?t=69783
CMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:20 PM   #15
DISCOPOPE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 43339
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: mpls, mn
Vehicle:
2oo4 STi
URgt35r w/t3hM3finj3cki0n

Default

before plopping down serious cash on anyone's system,
i would check out projectwrx's mod section.
jorge did an awesome write up on his homebrew injection kit.
if you are at all proficient in tinkering with bits and pieces, you can put together your own system for alot less....
not to poop on any vendors parade, but if you have the ability, and the know how, it's a viable option.
DISCOPOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:27 PM   #16
sixpack subaru
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 64974
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: My Shed, Melbourne, Australia
Vehicle:
1995 WRX,APEXi,HKS,$
Faded, Stonechipped Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMJ
Please don't post miss information.
here's an article on the 2004 wrc car, read this article fully. http://64.119.173.9/forums/showthread.php?t=69783
misinformation is not my game, I could not access the link posted.....
I will check things out with the people who build these Vehicles and get back to you....


Sixpack
sixpack subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:33 PM   #17
fragment
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 8050
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Bugeye EJ207 - T3T04S
Vehicle:
2007 Wagon VF36

Default

I use the WRXtuner system (I got it used, the new price is kinda high IMO). For me, I can now run 91 octane with more power and less knock than I was getting with 94 before. With good tuning, I can see being able to up the boost a couple of PSI and leaning out to 12.5 instead of 10.8. But for now, it is helping me run more power without having to worry about gas quality as much.
fragment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:35 PM   #18
rewt
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 60794
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Somewhere in Northern DE
Vehicle:
2007 Solstice GXP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISCOPOPE
before plopping down serious cash on anyone's system,
i would check out projectwrx's mod section.
jorge did an awesome write up on his homebrew injection kit.
if you are at all proficient in tinkering with bits and pieces, you can put together your own system for alot less....
not to poop on any vendors parade, but if you have the ability, and the know how, it's a viable option.
i definitely agree, and that's one reason why i haven't purchased the kit myself. i am still researching since i know i want the most bang for my buck
rewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:39 PM   #19
CMJ
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 39235
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: L.A., CA
Default

That is one of the best wrc subaru articles around, it's really a great read.

Try this: I-Club.com > Forums > General. Look for "AWESOME tech article on the WRC engine(56K go make some popcorn.)", it's a few post from the bottom.
CMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:44 PM   #20
CMJ
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 39235
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: L.A., CA
Default







CMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:46 PM   #21
CMJ
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 39235
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: L.A., CA
Default



CMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:47 PM   #22
TheMadScientist
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 23717
Join Date: Aug 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Beverly, MA
Vehicle:
2005 Big red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack subaru
G'Day,
I DID NOT look at the site......
I am assuming that when you say, "Water Injection" you mean adding H2o to the Intake Air??? If so I CANNOT recommend it!! That is 'Old Tecnology' introduced Way before Intercoolers or water sprayers on same.
Bit like..."Want more Cubes?? Stroke It!!"--NOT ANYMORE, essentially you are displacing valuable combustion space that could be used by a colder charge air filling that space instead! NOBODY HERE OR IN JAPAN DOES THIS ANYMORE...sorry to yell

Sixpack
Any fuel you inject below 12:1 is just there for cooling the intake charge. It takes 1/6th the volume of water to do the same job. So the "water takes up room" argument does not work. If tuned right the water will take up less space in the cylinder than the amount of fuel used to do the same job.
You need to do some more research before you post misinformation.

TMS
TheMadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:12 PM   #23
Subie Gal
GC84Ever
Super Moderator
 
Member#: 301
Join Date: Sep 1999
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: WA
Vehicle:
1970 FF-1 & '70 Van
02 WRX/01 RS

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack subaru
Water Injection on what??????you $%$*%(*&%($
And yeah............2002?
[MODERATOR MODE ON]
mr sixpack

PLEASE try to refrain from flaming , bashing on and/or attempting to get a rise out of other members.

it's obvious you have some technical knowledge - but there's no need to ridicule and belittle others with less knowledge...

to be honest,
i've received more complaints about you, and your posts in the last week than i've received regarding any other member in the past YEAR.

this isnt a bitchfest forum, it's not a bashfest forum

we're here to learn from one another in a mildly friendly environment
we like it that way, and we want it to remain that way

so, please... try to refrain from the harshness

sorry but this is the only warning you're going to get
Jamie[/MODERATOR MODE OFF]



I NOW RETURN YOU BACK TO YOUR DISCUSSION...
Subie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:25 PM   #24
NOTimprezed
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 58245
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, CA
Vehicle:
04 WRX
Blue

Default

own3d!
NOTimprezed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:26 PM   #25
Subie Gal
GC84Ever
Super Moderator
 
Member#: 301
Join Date: Sep 1999
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: WA
Vehicle:
1970 FF-1 & '70 Van
02 WRX/01 RS

Default

FYI gang... mr sixpack is out of here.

banned, ip blocked..

g'day mate!

what a tool
Subie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is anyone familiar with these two STi's thrdeye South East Region Forum 0 05-15-2010 11:06 AM
FS: *NY* SMC Meth/ Water Injection Kit with PICS garboplateNY88 Engine/Power/Exhaust 18 11-10-2009 11:45 PM
Anyone familiar with this body kit? EcksJay Interior & Exterior Modification 7 01-06-2005 04:47 PM
Spearco Water Injection, anyone familiar with it? drwrx Water/Methanol Injection, Nitrous & Intercooler Cooling 52 09-15-2004 09:33 PM
B&G coilovers.. Is anyone familiar with these? thrashvr6 Brakes, Steering & Suspension 1 06-06-2001 08:46 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.