Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #76
Arnie
Scooby Guru

Member#: 1725
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
99 Subaru Impreza
GF silver

Considering you have an 03, your struts should be on their way out in terms of performance. Sure, they'll still keep your car from bouncing down the highway but they won't be able to effectively control and stiffer/lower springs. If you stay with 02/03 springs then you have a few choices in adjustable struts: Koni inserts, KYB AGX, Tokico DSpec, Öhlins and STi adjustables. Problem with 02/03 springs is that there is very little in regards to selection and spring rate. The 04+ generation has a lot more springs available. However using 04+ springs necessitates the use of 04+ rear tophats. Also only Koni and Öhlins make an 04+ compatible strut. You can use the older 02/03 struts if you use the "washer mod" on the rear struts (see Turn In Concepts/Scooby921).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #77
cbean
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 57387
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
02 wrxwagon
PSM

Arnie is on the money with his suggestions...From my experience, I have an 02 wagon that I put on Eibach wagon specific springs on about 6 months ago...It makes the wagon look great, and I felt the car drove better...better then stock, but not as better as it could be. I am pretty sure I am on a steep decline in performance at this point. Struts are in a losing battle, and I will need to replace those OEM babies soon enough.
SO I went for a cheap performacne mod, and in the end will quickly need to redo my decsion, you can chalk that up as an extra 225 in EIbach springs I really did not need to spend.
I even drove a friends 04 wagon the other night, it is stock, and I am convinced it drove better then mine...I am a dork

I will go with some 04 variation as what Arnie suggested, there are way more spring choices for 04+ then 02/03...Probably go koni inserts, RCE or pink springs, and Group N top mounts.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #78
WRXRN
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34049

Thanks Arnie, I just needed a push in the right direction. I am adding the KYB AGX to the picture. Now is antilift a good idea? Would the perrin be too much or should I be looking at whiteline sport?

I drive canyons everyday and I enjoy my commute....No the tree wont win. Generaly if the yellow sign says 35 I run into it at 50 and out at 65.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #79
WRXRN
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34049

Ah NUTS I forgot what my stock ride height on an '03 sedan was. I put hotchkis springs, comp sway and AGX's on. The car looks evened out but not lower. 15 inch in front from center to bottom of fender and 14 in the rear.
WHAT IS THE STOCK HEIGHT? I am going down to hotchkis on Tuesday.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #80
wrx_swagginx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 154621
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
02 WRX SW
BLUE

anyone know if a sedan coilover kit would fit on a wagon.. in know the front are the same but is the chassis in the rear different?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:46 AM   #81
wherethefmi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 124318
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1989 Taurus SHO
Oxford White

I love this thread, just had to get that out of the way. Now I've been contemplating my suspension choices for a while, could we get a couple things added to this thread. 1. range of adjustablity on the STOCK suspension, obviously averaged. 2. range with camber bolts. 3. then the range with camber, caster plates, in addition to the camber bolts. I was reading in grass roots motor sports that with 2 camber bolts you could achieve 2 degrees negative camber, and with 3 you could get upwards of -3. I don't know if anyone has this information. also could you add the benefits of the alignment changes, such as how toe in and out affect turn in, not just tire wear. I didn't read everything, and hope that I'm not requesting something that is already addressed in this thread, and it's subsequent links. thank you very much BD and I wish that everyone would read the very informative threads that are out there!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 11:57 PM   #82
wherethefmi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 124318
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1989 Taurus SHO
Oxford White

Old 09-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #83
RedlineWRXXX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 147122

Good information on everything. Thanks for taking the time
Old 12-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #84
ButtDyno
Street's closed, pizza boy

Member#: 17301
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
is the "dark side"
06 Evo #7 STU, 03 IS300

OMGHi2U

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtDyno View Post
Yeah, now that I have leet mod powers in here I plan on taking some time to organize some of the more famous threads into a vaguely cohesive guide. I doubt it will prevent the 17 "best brake pad" threads we get every day, but it doesn't hurt to try.

john
So, now that the coilover FAQ is off the ground as well as the Spring FAQ and the Brake FAQ I think this thread has served it's purpose. It's retired now.

:wavingkitty:

Thanks to all the bumps of support.
Closed Thread