Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday September 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-18-2004, 08:06 PM   #1
daWagon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 72665
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 wrx wagon
whtie, 6MT, vf22

Unhappy my new subie's sick

i just got it a couple of months ago and i recently had to swap it temporarily for bertha (my in-laws butt old regal)

here's the story. i purchased a sweet 02 wrx from another nasioc member that's a stage 4. i love the car. it's like nothing else i've ever driven. jumping straight in to stage 4 is awesome, but it also has it's downsides! well, pretty much just one . . . i don't know what the crap to do when something goes wrong!!

there are several issues right now that i want to fix before i drive it too much, or at all. fuel leak (in the known cold weather leak place), tuning (don't know how), and alignment/suspension (out of whack & not properly installed).

i tried taking going to the dealer about the cold weather leak. they were all set to fix it, but then they said the lines were already staggered, so the tsb fix won't solve the leak . . . screw them, i'm just going to put a new hose and new clamps on myself and be done with it . . . after i pull the intake manifold.

the dms 40's are missing an adapter and an rs top plate - so they clunck all the time . . . worse, i hit some railroad tracks that i forgot about (shortly after starting to take the top plate off to take a look at the problem before i knew what the deal was) and now the car is all over the place. i must not have bolted the plate down tight enough or something. so now i need an alignment . . . which was coming anyway, but it's just demoralizing when my subie hints at pushing me from side to side all the time (yes i checked tire pressure).

i have no idea how to tune a link!! it was tunned on a 93 deg day and it's getting pretty cold now. i don't have an a/f guage but i'm sure it's off. i'm seriously thinking about selling it for a reflash of the stock ecu - which i have . . few! but then i need to get pinks for the reflash and change the injectors out along with the ecu. plus, i have don't know for sure which sensors may have been changed/taken out.

all this shouldn't be a huge problem, except that i know _____ about car mechanics. i banked on working on the car with my father in-law, but he's always busy, and i feel bad taking so much of his time.

i don't really know why i started this thread - i guess just to vent and get some subie support. i know i'll get everything fixed sometime, and i'm sure i'll be able to fumble around the boxer with my father in-law (he's a good engineer and mechanic), but i just want my soobie for christmas

sorry about the pathetic post - i know it's my own fault. any other solutions to my problems are welcome!

thanks for reading
david
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by daWagon; 12-18-2004 at 11:06 PM.
daWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:10 PM   #2
munkis
Scooby Guru

Member#: 1847
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
Team Broken: V6 GF
rallyarmor.com

Your best bet would to post in the south east forum and see if some of the local guys can help you with the Link, and the other basic problems you have.

You have dms 40s, your car is going to wander all over the road because of bump steer...do you have low profile tires as well?

Jay
munkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 09:51 PM   #3
daWagon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 72665
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 wrx wagon
whtie, 6MT, vf22

yeah, it wanders more than it did when i first got it. there is a definite difference. ever since about the time i crossed the rail road tracks too fast and loosed and tightened the bolts (same day).

when i first got the car i noticed some wandering, i assumed that it was due to the low profile wheels and coilovers - righty so i guess. but now it's like i feel the steering wheel pulling me from side to side very slightly. i know the slightest thing out of place will be emphasised by the set up (also got steering bushings), so i don't think stuff is way off, but it's enought to grind my nervs - especialy when inhaling fumes.

i'm sure i can dig up some help localy- i just need to get christmas over with, and then start dangling the beer
daWagon is offline   Reply With Quote