Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday June 30, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-28-2004, 06:58 PM   #1
steve
Scooby Guru

Member#: 4718
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
Sold my Subaru, and
now I'm so OT

Default did the high beams/foglight mod, and it doesn't work.

It's a pretty simple mod, orange wire in fusebox, to red/green wire on relay. Tape red/green from chassis, and out that away. Test it all, and put it back together. So simple, a child could do it, but why can't I?!??!?1?!

When I tested the foglights they worked with the high beams. The second I put it all back together, the foglights no longer come on with the brights. It did the same thing last night, and I'm baffled. It's like the mod only works once before reverting back to stock. The green led on the foglight switch doesn't work anymore either, but it did when I tested it all.

Am I missing something?

any help would be appreciated.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2004, 07:04 PM   #2
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX
15 WRX/05 GTO

How did you secure the wires? Did you crimp or solder them, and then insulate the connections with heat shrink or electrical tape? It sounds like something came apart and/or shorted when you put it all back together. Check your fuses in case one blew, and open it up again and re-check the wiring.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:51 PM   #3
steve
Scooby Guru

Member#: 4718
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
Sold my Subaru, and
now I'm so OT

I just got back inside and it all works.
I forgot to hook up the switch itself, so the foglights only came on when the parking lights were on.

I am teh fool of the day.
but at least my fogs work with the brights.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote