Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday December 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:55 PM   #1
db97
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 7140
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
satin white pearl

Default my left morette died today! where can i get a replacement bulb on the cheap?

Anyone know where I can get a replacement morettes low beam for cheap? It's lasted 3 years, and it finally died today. Anyone???

Thanks,
DB97
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
db97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:59 PM   #2
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX
15 WRX/05 GTO

It's an H7, they are available at parts stores. But you shouldn't get the cheapest bulb you can find, and stay away from any of the blue ones. At least look for OEM-type brand name bulbs such as Philips, Sylvania etc. Replace both low beams at the same time, because the other side will probably blow soon anyway and also to maintain consistent light output between both sides.
Use only 55 watt bulbs, do not install anything higher.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:05 PM   #3
db97
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 7140
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
satin white pearl

thanks mulder! is the replacement process pretty easy? an easy swap of the bulb and away i go...or no? or do you know?
db97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:17 PM   #4
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX
15 WRX/05 GTO

Oh, I know all right.
It's not that hard, but if you haven't done it before it may take you a few minutes.
Remove the rubber dust cover from the back of the projector unit. Inside you'll see the bulb and wiring connector plugged into it. Remove the connector from the back of the bulb, it may be on there tight but just wiggle it gently while pulling back on it, it will come off. Once the connector is off the bulb can be removed, it's held in place by a metal retainer spring. You have to push down on the spring in two places and move it over while pushing to release it from the clips. Once released it swings out of the way and the bulb can be pulled straight out. Line up the new bulb, insert it into position, and secure it with the spring. Put the connector back on and then the dust cover.
Do not touch the new bulbs with your fingers. If you do by accident clean them off with alcohol before installing, in fact you can do this anyway. Any dirt or contaminants on the bulb can interfere with heat dissipation and cause it to fail prematurely.
Depending on how large your hands are you may have some difficulty accessing the bulbs with the lights in place, if this is a problem you may need to remove them from the car first.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote