Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-09-2005, 01:14 AM   #1
trail*of*dead
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 50306
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
WRB

Default Oh me oh my, My headlight woes. What should I do kids?

Cleared my headlights, followed the directions, and did not use new glue as the write-up suggested. First carwash later, both low beams go out and I take the headlights out to find a large amount of water in both.

When I open them back up to reseal them, the inside of the plastic lenses have water spots on them. So in my trying to clean them off with a baby soft towel, all sorts of tiny little scratches are left inside. I tried some different products on them and it helped some but they are still there.

Also the chrome (on the reflective part of the headlight that projects the light out) got water on it and it had some strange effect that jacked up the chrome in certain places. Plus, I don't even know if the ballasts are totally ruined or not.

I don't really know where to go from here. I would like to, when it is all said and done, have the same job that Myles had done to his lights done to mine w/ the projector upgrades.

Is it possible for me to get some 04 headlight shells from a wrx and have the HID upgrade done to them? Any recommendations would be much apprecitated as my car will be down until I can gets ome lights back in it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by trail*of*dead; 01-09-2005 at 01:31 AM.
trail*of*dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 01:45 AM   #2
psyber_0ptix
Scooby Guru

Member#: 60671
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1992 Miata

i would highly recomend getting a spare set of headlights (i.e wrx) to mod as it will help with downtime granted if your current headlight system was working.

time was short and myles needed it started soon. he also had a spare car, so downtime wasnt a ~huge~ issue.

you can look for a new ballast on ebay or hidplanet. try searching under the manufacturer of the ballast because iirc, nissan used a similar ballast to subaru sti's they have the same moutns and all.

have pictures of jacked up chrome?
psyber_0ptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 01:53 AM   #3
trail*of*dead
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
WRB

I have another car so down time isn't really a huge issue. I just need to figure out where to go from here. I am an extreme perfectionist when it comes to my car and everything has to be perfect.
So to do the HID upgrade, do I have to have STi lamps or can I buy some WRX shells and send those to you for the upgrade? I wouldn't mind buying new wrx shells and just sending those to you.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:58 AM   #4
psyber_0ptix
Scooby Guru

Member#: 60671
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1992 Miata

wrx headlights work fine, then if you get those sti housings straightened out, you can resell them to some sti headlight upgrade wanting member
psyber_0ptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:05 AM   #5
trail*of*dead
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
WRB

Sent you a PM psyber.