Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 10, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:27 PM   #1
05STI!!!
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 76102
Vehicle:
2005 db 20g'd STi
black on gold

Default How much power increase with Greddy EVO2 and a downpipe? How is the Turboxs?

I am looking at exhaust and i was wondering hwo much power gain i would get out of this set up. Also im in love with the Turboxs TBE but i dont want an extremely loud exhaust. How is the Turboxs... performance and sound wise? also my STi is stock and if i got the TBE i would get my waste gate ported so no fear of boost creep. thanks guys.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
05STI!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:32 PM   #2
V6TurboTA
Scooby Guru

Member#: 9090
Vehicle:
09 Forester Gump
02WRX->04STi->09Gump

If you live in a place where it gets colder than say 40 degrees you might have problems with creep with the Turbo XS setup. But that being said I would buy the Turbo XS stealthback and leave the stock muffler on the car. No idea on exact gains, but it will be very noticable.

~v6
V6TurboTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:41 AM   #3
Unabomber
Big Ron

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=677926

TBEs run 20-30 WHP. TXS used to claim 27HP for their setup, but they removed that from their site.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:07 PM   #4
creator8
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 63759
Vehicle:
04 WRX STI
White

On an 04 STI on 91 Octane I went from baseline stock of 250whp/250wtq to around 264/260 w/ a PDE Catted DP and Greddy EVO2. Sounds perfect. Not too loud but deep and throaty. Also no boost creep as a result of the cat.

For the money though and best bang for buck, I'd go with an ECUTEK reflash unless you are going for more mods or you want a louder car.
creator8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:51 AM   #5
WorldOne
Vendor

Member#: 22731
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRB Do-Luck GDA
worldoneperformance.com

Hi there...

The greddy evo 2 is a great catback with very good output and minimal volume. We use it almost exclusively for our volume sensative customers and they are never dissappointed.

You can use the turbo xs downpipe with this set up, however the turbo xs downpipe was really only intended to be used with the turbo xs catpipe or race pipe which in turn was really only intended to be used with the turbo xs midpipe. With either the cat pipe or the race pipe, the turbo xs will not bolt up to the greddy. However there is a part called the turbo xs cat back adapter pipe that does allow you to use the turbo xs downpipe with an aftermarket cat back like the greddy.

However you would most likely be better off just going with a full length downpipe with a three inch flange like the helix, invidia, or perrin. These downpipes are full length downpipes that bolt up great to the greddy, and would complete the turbo back system for you. They each have their merits and I would be happy to run you through the pros and cons of each if you would like to send an email to info@worldoneperformance.com

The main thing that you need to decide is simply whether you need to have a high flow cat in your downpipe if you do not. If you do, then the decision is easy and you really only have one choice, if you can go catless, then you can base your decision mainly on price since all the aforementioned pipes are performers. They all have slightly different price points and levels of quality.

The power esitmates that everyone has mentioned thus far are absolutely acurate. Again if you have more questions send me an email, and I would be happy to help you.

Thanks,

Garret @ World One
WorldOne is offline   Reply With Quote