Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:38 PM   #1
Handsdown
Scooby Guru

Member#: 29355
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2003 GD6 Hate chall
but i'mma maintain

Default how do i make a relay for a high wattage bulb in a crappy 12v foglight?

i know the beam pattern won't be great but i'm looking for some off-road/rainstorm lights and was wondering how hard it would be to make a custom relay- also how difficult it would be... and about how much it would cost...

any ideas?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Handsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:30 PM   #2
ATX25RS
Scooby Guru

Member#: 4597
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2011 Mitsu Outlander
Sport (Ex-Suby owner X3)

what type of foglight? if it is for auxillary fogs....most autoparts stores sell lighting kits that come equipped with a relay for higher wattage bulbs....the system that came with my hella 500's was able to handle 100w bulbs for quite some time....as for bulbs i would try using hella yellowstars for rainstorm/ off road lights...i had some on my gc fogs...now i have them in my MY04RS headlights...great bulbs....cuts right through fog
ATX25RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:51 PM   #3
mbiker97
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7922
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
04 CTS-V b/b/b
99 GMC Highrider

I agree with ATX. Just go to an auto parts store and buy a relay/wiring harness. www.rallylights.com sells Hella harnesses which use some of the best relays out there.
mbiker97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:53 PM   #4
ducktapeguy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 24353
Vehicle:
2001 Forester
Silver

Why do you need a custom relay? A standard off the shelf relay should be able to handle 30 amps (360 watts). If you're running more powerful lights than that (and nobody's that crazy ), you can buy higher power relays. Or you could also skip the relay and go with a high power switch, I bought one rated to 75 amps (850 watts)
ducktapeguy is offline   Reply With Quote