Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 28, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
Eyedeas
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 359202
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Vehicle:
2013 E85 WRX
447whp 403wtq

Default 2013 WRX DOM 3 E85 - stock block/trans - 447whp/403wtq @ 22psi

Event: Virtual Dyno on a nice flat road/Dynocom
Location: OKC / RIP Tuning dyno
Ambient temp: ~ 65* VD / 80* Dynocom
Elevation: ~1300 ft
Weather: Overcast/Dry
Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3: 245/45 R17

Car: 2013 WRX
Tuner: Ben West (BW Tuning)
Transmission: Stock 5 speed
Gear: 3rd
Peak HP at RPM: 447@6762 VD - 403@5700 Dynocom
Peak Torque at RPM: 403@4958 VD - 383@5300 Dynocom
Baseline hp/TQ for a stock WRX on same dyno: unknown
Target Boost: 22psi
Target AFR: 11.8
Fuel: E85 (tested E74)

Engine/Power Modifications:
DOM 3 XTR 2.4" inlet 10cm turbine housing
TurboXS FMIC
KS Tech 73mm intake
Perrin 2.4" inlet
Grimmspeed EBCS
IAG TGV deletes
KS Tech air pump delete
3" TBE
ID1300
DW300
NGK 1 step colder plugs gapped to .028
Ebay VTA catch can

Drivetrain Modifications:
Southbend stage 3 Endurance clutch
Kartboy short shifter w/ bushings
Stock flywheel
Stock transmission
Whiteline Positive Shift Kit
Group N transmission mount

Suspension modifications:
RCE Black springs
Whiteline sway bars 24/22mm with Kartboy endlinks

This was intended to be sort of a "budget" build. Ie, only buying what was necessary and not spending hundreds to squeeze out the most gains (up pipe, headers, EWG, etc), since the turbo would provide plenty of airflow on its own. 22,700 on her, we'll see how long she lasts!

IG: @coryodell91


* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Eyedeas; 07-21-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:56 PM   #2
Jubathoph
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 382959
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

Very nice! How do you like the Southbend clutch and do you have any plans to take her out to the strip?
Jubathoph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:44 PM   #3
Eyedeas
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 359202
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Vehicle:
2013 E85 WRX
447whp 403wtq

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubathoph View Post
Very nice! How do you like the Southbend clutch and do you have any plans to take her out to the strip?

I love the clutch, honestly. It's not any heavier than stock (at all), and seems to engage smoother. And it's shown it can handle the torque. Win all around. And no strip for me, that's where things start breaking. Just looking to have a DD that's mildly terrifying. ��

Last edited by Eyedeas; 03-25-2015 at 10:13 PM.
Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:03 AM   #4
stealth06wrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131568
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hudson, WI
Vehicle:
2006 WRX to 2015 WRX
OB Swirl / DGM

Default

Where did you get that awesome front plate delete?!
stealth06wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:28 AM   #5
VladiWrX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 145658
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NorCal
Vehicle:
On my 5th scoob
and lovin it

Default

Really interested to see how this holds up, that's quite some power for the oem long block, congrats
VladiWrX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:32 PM   #6
Eyedeas
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 359202
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Vehicle:
2013 E85 WRX
447whp 403wtq

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth06wrx View Post
Where did you get that awesome front plate delete?!

Billetworkz is the company.
Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:34 PM   #7
Eyedeas
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 359202
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Vehicle:
2013 E85 WRX
447whp 403wtq

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladiWrX View Post
Really interested to see how this holds up, that's quite some power for the oem long block, congrats

Thanks. I know I'm pushing it. Even if you do everything right, it could still go. But, fingers crossed good maintenance, a good tune, and good driving will keep it together for a year or two. That's the hope anyway.
Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:51 PM   #8
Miggs1337
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 379581
Join Date: Jan 2014
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NV
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedeas View Post
Thanks. I know I'm pushing it. Even if you do everything right, it could still go. But, fingers crossed good maintenance, a good tune, and good driving will keep it together for a year or two. That's the hope anyway.
I just saw your post the dyno plot on IG haha.

I'm about to take my 20g XT to about 25 psi on E85, and really hoping that it stays together using your approach about driving and good maintenance.
Miggs1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:34 PM   #9
Eyedeas
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 359202
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Vehicle:
2013 E85 WRX
447whp 403wtq

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggs1337 View Post
I just saw your post the dyno plot on IG haha.

I'm about to take my 20g XT to about 25 psi on E85, and really hoping that it stays together using your approach about driving and good maintenance.

I assume you've seen Xluben's 20G build from a few years ago? He ran his setup for just under a year IIRC, before it popped. But from his videos it seems like he may have driven it hard. Don't know though.
Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:35 PM   #10
Eyedeas
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 359202
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Vehicle:
2013 E85 WRX
447whp 403wtq

Default

25psi is no joke though hopefully you and I both have good luck!
Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:06 PM   #11
tomtom84
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 167794
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: o-k-l-a-h-o-m-a
Vehicle:
06 wrx wagon 6spd
'91-meotter -h6 swap?

Default

woop woop!!! nice stuff.
tomtom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:15 PM   #12
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
9.9s @ 140mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedeas View Post
I assume you've seen Xluben's 20G build from a few years ago? He ran his setup for just under a year IIRC, before it popped. But from his videos it seems like he may have driven it hard. Don't know though.
My stock motor lasted about 5 months on a tune similar to this before it cracked a piston. Then I put in a built shortblock and cranked the boost and it made it another 3 months before the tranny went out. Good luck. Looks like fun!
xluben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:20 PM   #13
BigRob74
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305107
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island, NY
Vehicle:
2012 wrx
360/386 E85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedeas View Post
Thanks. I know I'm pushing it. Even if you do everything right, it could still go. But, fingers crossed good maintenance, a good tune, and good driving will keep it together for a year or two. That's the hope anyway.
very nice #s, i think running e85 is going to hopefully prolong the motor..thats what i keep telling myself...lol whats the reason you went with that turbo? ..too many damn turbo choices...

does it feel laggy at all?
BigRob74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:20 PM   #14
Eyedeas
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 359202
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Vehicle:
2013 E85 WRX
447whp 403wtq

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
My stock motor lasted about 5 months on a tune similar to this before it cracked a piston. Then I put in a built shortblock and cranked the boost and it made it another 3 months before the tranny went out. Good luck. Looks like fun!

Haha sounds like I'll need it!

I can't remember all the details...What psi were you running? Miles on block when when you started with the 20G? And driving style?
Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:24 PM   #15
Eyedeas
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 359202
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Vehicle:
2013 E85 WRX
447whp 403wtq

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRob74 View Post
very nice #s, i think running e85 is going to hopefully prolong the motor..thats what i keep telling myself...lol whats the reason you went with that turbo? ..too many damn turbo choices...



does it feel laggy at all?

Trying to compare spool of a turbo this size to the VF turbos just doesn't work. You don't have snappy boost down low. The best way I can describe it is, it's just different. For this turbo to give you the "oh ****" feeling, you can't floor it at 3k. It's all about being in the correct rpm. Do it at 4k and you'll definitely have that "oh ****" feeling. And it doesn't die off like the VF52. The VF52 is only really fun 3k-4k because of the torque, then it dies off. This pulls all the way to 7k rpm and only gets more fun the longer you're in boost. But like I said, they're just different.
Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:25 PM   #16
Eyedeas
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 359202
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Vehicle:
2013 E85 WRX
447whp 403wtq

Default

I got this turbo mostly because my tuner recommended it, and I also found a good deal buying used. This isn't the newest model XT-R. It's a couple years old I believe, but low mileage.
Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:27 PM   #17
BigRob74
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305107
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island, NY
Vehicle:
2012 wrx
360/386 E85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedeas View Post
Trying to compare spool of a turbo this size to the VF turbos just doesn't work. You don't have snappy boost down low. The best way I can describe it is, it's just different. For this turbo to give you the "oh ****" feeling, you can't floor it at 3k. It's all about being in the correct rpm. Do it at 4k and you'll definitely have that "oh ****" feeling. And it doesn't die off like the VF52. The VF52 is only really fun 3k-4k because of the torque, then it dies off. This pulls all the way to 7k rpm and only gets more fun the longer you're in boost. But like I said, they're just different.
yeah, i was in my buds sti with a dom 1.5, def pulls all the way to redline, unlike the stock turbo dying off. glad you like that southbend clutch, i like mine as well..

how are you testing the fuel with a test tube or zeitronix?
BigRob74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:39 PM   #18
Eyedeas
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 359202
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Vehicle:
2013 E85 WRX
447whp 403wtq

Default

Test tube periodically. I watch my AFRs carefully.

Last edited by Eyedeas; 03-25-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:28 PM   #19
Miggs1337
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 379581
Join Date: Jan 2014
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NV
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedeas View Post
Haha sounds like I'll need it!

I can't remember all the details...What psi were you running? Miles on block when when you started with the 20G? And driving style?
Xluben might correct me here, but I think he was at 24 psi at first and then 27 psi once the block was built.

I'll be taking the same approach he did with my WRX, and it does look like he did drove it quite hard IIRC (I read through the thread quite a few times).
Miggs1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:06 PM   #20
Eyedeas
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 359202
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Vehicle:
2013 E85 WRX
447whp 403wtq

Default

Yeah I definitely don't beat on it. Let the oil warm up before boosting, change the oil every 2500 with T6. Spark plugs changed at 20k. I probably have a WOT pull maybe two or three times a week if I drive it all week. Less if I take the beater. So, I'm curious how long it will last under these conditions.
Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:12 PM   #21
Eyedeas
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 359202
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Vehicle:
2013 E85 WRX
447whp 403wtq

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom84 View Post
woop woop!!! nice stuff.
Thought I recognized that name...haha. But thanks! Ben is the man.
Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:00 AM   #22
tomtom84
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 167794
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: o-k-l-a-h-o-m-a
Vehicle:
06 wrx wagon 6spd
'91-meotter -h6 swap?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedeas View Post
Thought I recognized that name...haha. But thanks! Ben is the man.
you should

this is that one guy from tulsa who builds motors sometimes and races a miata.

-thomas
tomtom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:07 PM   #23
InvisibleBlade
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 402791
Join Date: Sep 2014
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: La Crosse, WI
Vehicle:
2010 WRX Hatchback
SSM

Default

This is very similar to what I'd like to do in the future. I also have the same driving style, so I'll be following this closely to see the longevity of your tranny/engine.

Have any vids?
InvisibleBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:33 PM   #24
wgr73
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 232458
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Las Cruces/El Paso
Vehicle:
2008 STi (OBP)
EFR 7670 (E85)

Default

Nice power made here! I just tuned a very similar setup (2013 sti, 6spd, e90...same power mods but built motor) and he ran an 11.5 @121.1mph. This is a very capable setup
wgr73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:07 PM   #25
Eyedeas
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 359202
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Vehicle:
2013 E85 WRX
447whp 403wtq

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleBlade View Post
This is very similar to what I'd like to do in the future. I also have the same driving style, so I'll be following this closely to see the longevity of your tranny/engine.

Have any vids?

None that are decent quality. I need to get a GoPro lol
Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.