Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 10, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-30-2005, 01:11 PM   #1
BLACKUTECSTI04
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 74702
Question Jdm Sti Cluster Problem

I have a 2004 STI, and I put in a JDM CLUSTER, everything works except for my illumination... it doesn't light up, also nothing else lights up when its in, such as temp controls... When I put the cluster in my friends 2004 WRX it worked fine...

Also the mileage and temp blink when my headlights are on... I need help with wiring it... The cluster looks just like the one on vividracing.com, then go to subaru-sti-interior-meters-sti cluster... can someone please help?
BLACKUTECSTI04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2005, 05:18 PM   #2
cnk
Scooby Guru

Member#: 10757
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
DGM

Why would you want to put a JDM cluster into your STi? Most people put a STi cluster in their cars for the center mounted tach and other features, but you already had that with your stock cluster. Since most people don't switch out their STi clusters, there isn't much information on it. You'll have to compare wiring diagrams of the STi cluster with the JDM cluster to figure out the wiring differences and how to correct it. My advice is to just put your stock cluster back in. . .looks better anyways IMHO.

Calvin
cnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
BLACKUTECSTI04
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnk
Why would you want to put a JDM cluster into your STi? Most people put a STi cluster in their cars for the center mounted tach and other features, but you already had that with your stock cluster. Since most people don't switch out their STi clusters, there isn't much information on it. You'll have to compare wiring diagrams of the STi cluster with the JDM cluster to figure out the wiring differences and how to correct it. My advice is to just put your stock cluster back in. . .looks better anyways IMHO.

Calvin

The USDM STI cluster has no led's in the back so you cant change the condoms and sand out the dials to change the color.. Also I wanted the 8K Redline, and ending at 10K, Also I'm from Europe so I understand KM's better... Does anyone have the wiring diagrams, so I could compare them?
Old 01-31-2005, 02:45 AM   #4
cnk
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
DGM

You do realize that just because the gauge shows an 8K redline that it doesn't mean your engine can rev to 8K right?

Also, if you don't want to risk having a TMU put on the title of your car, I would make sure to get the mileage on your odometer documented along with your cluster change.

It would also help if you told us what version JDM cluster you put in.

Calvin
Old 01-31-2005, 05:54 PM   #5
BLACKUTECSTI04
Scooby Newbie

Default Cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnk
You do realize that just because the gauge shows an 8K redline that it doesn't mean your engine can rev to 8K right?

Also, if you don't want to risk having a TMU put on the title of your car, I would make sure to get the mileage on your odometer documented along with your cluster change.

It would also help if you told us what version JDM cluster you put in.

Calvin

yes offcourse i realize that i cant rev up to 8K, the cluster is a v8. i want my cluster to be blue by changing the color. the usdm one can only be red... you guys have your own opinions, thats fine... im just looking for help with illumination... is there a way of adjusting the mileage with some computer? Im european and read km better- thats all...
Old 01-31-2005, 06:00 PM   #6
cnk
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
DGM

Only way to change the mileage is to send it out to someone like www.tacomaspeedometer.com

There are computers that will do it, but they cost between $3200-14,000. They are also illegal to import into the US.

Calvin
Old 01-31-2005, 06:02 PM   #7
BLACKUTECSTI04
Scooby Newbie

Default Cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnk
Only way to change the mileage is to send it out to someone like www.tacomaspeedometer.com

There are computers that will do it, but they cost between $3200-14,000. They are also illegal to import into the US.

Calvin
Do you know what i would have to do to have it light up

i have a pin out diagram if that would help(thanks to Mulder)

http://www.ds1motorsports.com/cluster.html
Old 02-01-2005, 01:50 PM   #8
kpmatt00
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 23304
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 JDM STI V8 SWAP
Sold!

if u plan to sell ur usdm cluster please pm me, matt
kpmatt00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:45 PM   #9
BLACKUTECSTI04
Scooby Newbie

its already sold sorry.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:13 AM   #10
kpmatt00
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 23304
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 JDM STI V8 SWAP
Sold!

Default PDF file

i have a complete wiring schematic w/trouble shooting supplied by subaru on pdf if you want that, let me know I can email it to you. Matt
kpmatt00 is offline   Reply With Quote