Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 15, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:39 PM   #1
chewbacaface
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 80955
Default Boycott Marzolf Subaru in Pueblo Colorado

I bought a 2004 Forester XT premium from them in December. It had 6000 miles on it. So, naturally I asked why it had been returned and if there had ever been any major service or repairs done on the vehicle. They assured me that there hadn't. In my first month driving the car it was in the shop three times. The first time I took it back to them and they were totally incompetent. I told them that I had a leak, which you could hear dripping and boiling on the exhaust... they told me it was cosmoline undercoat. The second and third time, I took it to Heuberger in Colorado Springs who replace a hose and a seal that were both causing "major" transmission leaks. Major leaks the Marzolf people couldn't find. After making my third trip to the shop I decided to have the service guy at Heuberger pull the service history from the Subaru dealership database (the same history I had asked for from Marzolf that they assured me had no records in it). It turns out that the entire engine, turbo, intercooler, etc had been replaced because the original engine blew up before 6000 miles. Had I know that it was not the original engine and that the car had had such severe problems, I would never had bought it, and they sold it to me at full price basically. I contacted them and expressed my concerns and told them that I wanted to return the car since they had not disclosed the service history that I requested. They told me to shove it. All I wanted was my money back and a fair deal out of the whole thing. Now, I'm suing them. I'm reporting them to the State's Attorney General, the State Board of Motor Vehicles, the Better Business Bureau, Local news and radio stations, and I plan to handout flyers in front of their store on weekends until this is resolved.

They screwed the wrong guy. I have the time and a lawyer. I'll make sure that they never do this to another Colorado resident again.

Ryan
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chewbacaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:42 PM   #2
Shamus375PA
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (5)

Member#: 47943
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
1994 Toyota MR2 NA
Solar Yellow

I will boycott them from DC. I don't think what they did was at all legal, at least if it happened in VA.
Shamus375PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:43 PM   #3
jmanny
*** Banned ***

Member#: 77442
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza WRX WRB
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi w/20s

good for you for taking action. sorry about what happened
jmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 12:22 AM   #4
chewbacaface
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 80955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamus375PA
I will boycott them from DC. I don't think what they did was at all legal, at least if it happened in VA.

Actually in Colorado the Consumer Protection Act has a section on deceptive practices that includes misrepresenting or witholding information that you either know or should know about the vehicle. In this case, the information was only stored in their database, thus when I asked, they were legally required to give me an truthful response. They did not and violated the law in doing so.

The laws are there to protect you in most states. You just have to be interested enough to look them up. When it comes to a 26,000$ car, I'm interested enough.

-ryan
chewbacaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:32 AM   #5
Gernick
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 64752
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Crystal Gray Metalic

That would fit under New York States Lemon law.
Gernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:17 AM   #6
LUvikes29
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 74332
Vehicle:
03 WRX
Silver

Default Lemon Law

I'm not sure if that's quite Lemon material yet. It's not SOA's fault the dealer was dishonest, and in most cases the manufacturer has 3 attempts to fix a recurring problem before a Lemon case can hold any weight. Technically, if they replaced the engine, and it's leaking again, they get another shot before you can send it back to Subaru.
It doesn't make it right, or even legal for that matter, and I hope you sue the pants off them and win, but in most states this situation is more of a misrepresentation issue than a "my vehicle is falling apart" issue, at least at this point.

Let's just hope that if you make enough of a fuss, stuff like this will stop. Best of luck!
LUvikes29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:57 AM   #7
RogersWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 31617
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
White

Sorry to hear that... I bought my '02 WRX from them at a killer deal that I negotiated over the internet. No problems and a smooth deal!! Hope it all works out for you!!
RogersWRX is offline   Reply With Quote