Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 15, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Vancouver Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-08-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
everbruin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 15175
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
95 talon awd
stu 95 m3

Default [meet] tsunami charity meet on Feb 19th

Iíll be in Portland then, but kudos to my coworker terry!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: February 8, 2005 10:25 AM
To: Car Buffs
Subject: I'm holding a tsunami charity meet on Feb 19th

This will be a 604 area, all club meet. Please post this on any local car forums you frequent. Hopefully I will see some car buffs out here! Thanks T.
------------------------------------------------
Tsunami charity meet Feb 19th

In light of the recent events in South Asia and the tsunami tragedy, I am organizing a charity car meet to raise donations for the Canadian Red Cross. I was in Thailand about 3 years ago, and I was saddened to see the losses that people have had to deal with, in what is normally supposed to be a happy time during the holidays.

I call upon all the local car clubs to come out as ONE community to make donations to aid in the tsunami relief. Myself and volunteers will be selling raffle tickets for donations, each donor will have their name and car club compiled on an official list that will be submitted to the Canadian Red Cross. ALL funds raised will go to the Red Cross, I registered this event with them a week after the tragedy, so even though they are done fundraising, the proceeds from this event WILL get to those affected by the tsunami. Tax receipts issued by request only for amounts $20 and over.

This event would have been held sooner, but was delayed by poor weather and scheduling conflicts. I have received a lot of support and prizes from local companies, including Electronic Arts (LOTS of PC and PS2 games), Garage Five Performance (H&R springs), The Inside Line - Morrisport Advanced Driving (a $300 track day) and a prize from Gemini Composites. We will do raffle draws for the donated prizes at the end of the meet and 100% of the money donated will be delivered to the Red Cross to aid in the tsunami relief.

Here are the details:
Saturday Feb 19th
12:00pm - 2:00pm
Parking lot at the corner of Renfrew and Hastings (across from the PNE)
Prize Draws at 2pm

My goal is to make this the biggest non-profit charity car club meet ever gathered in the 604 area. I know this is a lofty goal, but I urge everyone to come out on behalf of those lost during these tragic times. I feel that we are very lucky to live here and to have our families together, when there are some in the world that have lost everything.

My only other request is that people attending keep the revving / loud engines and loud music down, in respect for those lost in the tragedy and in appreciation to the Hastings Community Center who have donated the parking lot space for us to use. I gave them my word that we would behave, and I ask everyone to cooperate on my behalf.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you all out on the Sat the 19th. It's a great opportunity to see some great cars, meet old and new friends, win some fantastic prizes and support a very worthy cause.

Thanks in advance Terry.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by everbruin; 02-08-2005 at 03:12 PM.
everbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:44 PM   #2
esodragger
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 80924

I posted this on my site also.

I encourage everyone to come out and make a donation. Even though some of you may think its too late, they still need funds to rebuild what they lost.

I'll see you guys there.
esodragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:07 PM   #3
everbruin
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
95 talon awd
stu 95 m3

bought tix in advance; hope i win the morrisport track day raffle sat. =)
Old 02-21-2005, 04:06 PM   #4
everbruin
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
95 talon awd
stu 95 m3

ctv news covered it and interviewed terry.
http://members.shaw.ca/typeXnammer/tsunamimeet.wmv

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2130493865

and i won the morrisport track day raffle =)

from terry:

First off, thanks to all the volunteers and sponsors for helping me make this happen. It couldn't have been a success without you!

Garage Five Performance
Morrisport Advanced Driving
EA Sports
Gemini Composites
Vancouver Drift Society
Autoshop Cannonball
Yokohama
GR Performance
Hastings Community Center

Volunteers:
Harry
Glenn
Ed
Kingsley
Jaime
Carly
Christine
Jon
and others who just pitched in, thank you!

I also want to thank all the clubs and teams that really came together for this event. Sorry if I have missed anyone!

Vancouvercivics
Vancouver Accords
Vancouver Preludes
Revscene
Celica Garage
North West Nissans
BCDSM
Dori-Kaze
BC MR2
Team Cannonball
VDS
VWDOV
BC Neons

All proceeds WILL go to the Red Cross Tsunami relief efforts. This event was registered with them before the deadline, so funds will go to the areas affected by the tsunami.

We raised a whopping total of $1,737.80!!!

I want to thank everyone again personally for donating, attending, helping out and just being mature enthusiasts representing their local clubs. I think making a positive statement in local car / motorsports community is a good thing.

Thanks again, Terry.