Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Bay Area Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-11-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
Heavy Fuji
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 5536
Vehicle:
'11 Tundra

Default Visiting SF soon-- sight-seeing suggestions?

I'll be travelling mid-march to your beautiful city. I know enough to bring $$$ but I'm curious to hear about must-sees from those that know the city best. No, I won't be renting any green Mustangs...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Heavy Fuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #2
gmb
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 73665
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza WRX STi
Aspen White/Gold

here is just some things u can do.

golden gate bridge, obvious (tourist trap)

height st is really cool...and right near it is the house where the tv show full house was filmed

union square if you want to shop at really expensive stores

embarcadero, pier 39 is cool (tourist trap)

lombard st....i drove up at about a 45 degree angle in my STi...wouldnt recommend that. (tourist trap)

fort point underneath the gg bridge... pretty cool and colorful. (tourist trap...sorta)

golden gate park is beautiful

SF zoo... its ok.. better things to do.

If its baseball season... Pac Bell Park for sure... beautiful baseball park. I hate the giants tho.

Broadway... pretty good productions go on there.

Japantown is pretty interesting...one of my favorites.

and take a trolley... haha the biggest tourist trap....

thats all i can think of right now... there is alot to do in that city... If i didnt see it as much i would probably appreciate it more.

Good luck
gmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:33 PM   #3
BombrMan
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 78997
Vehicle:
2003 WRX wagon
Silver

Go to the ghiradelli chocolate factory, in the cannery at the end of the embarcadero and get some ice cream and chocolate.

Cobb's comedy club usually has phenomenal comedians if you can get tickets (try their website) If you can't get tickets or don't like the line up, try The Green Room or The Punchline, theyre both good.

I personally think the hyatt at Justin Hermin Plaza is cool to go inside and hang out.

Haight street is definately fun, especially if you like clothes(used and new), bongs and pipes, or records/cds/music (go to amoeba's at the end of haight by the mcdonalds, and F8 across the street from there. Also, don't park at mcdonalds, they will ticket you if you dont eat there.

Golden Gate Park is a fun hangout for sure. Sometimes they have drum circles and frisbee which can be entertaining.

If you are into electronic music or underground hip hop/drum and bass check out this site

Go up to coit tower ( it's the big concrete tower that looks like a fire hose nozzle) great views from there.

If you can get tickets (usually need to be a day or 2 in advance) go to pier 41 and take a boat trip to alcatraz.

If you like hiking you can also take a boat trip to angel island and hike around there.

Also, taking muni can be better than a car, because the one ways and stuff can be a bitch if you don't know your way around, and parking some places is harder than hard (like the haight)

That's all I can think of right now.

-BombrMan

Last edited by BombrMan; 02-11-2005 at 04:36 PM. Reason: added stuff
BombrMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 05:38 PM   #4
Stanley
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7374
Vehicle:
2007 Grandpamobile
BlingBlingBlue

Muir woods is cool if you want to take a walk one day in the forest.
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 03:59 AM   #5
deks
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 13803
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
PSM

go to pier 39, ask for the 2 hr city tour about $20. after the tour you can go to the ones you want to see more. at least you get the know some info about the city too
deks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:55 AM   #6
Heavy Fuji
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 5536
Vehicle:
'11 Tundra

Thanks everyone. Anything car-related come to mind (though I'll do the touristy stuff too)?
Heavy Fuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #7
gmb
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 73665
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza WRX STi
Aspen White/Gold

The JDM Theory meet is pretty cool, but its highly unlikely that you will be visiting the area when it goes on. I'll let you know.
gmb is offline   Reply With Quote