Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday May 24, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-15-2016, 10:38 PM   #1
RickCorlett
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 444845
Vehicle:
2015 Legacy Limited
Venetian Red Pearl

Default VMR Wheels aka Velocity Motoring for my wheel purchase

Just purchased a set of VMR V706 wheels and wanted to share a good experience with a vendor (i've been having too many bad experiences lately). I was doing searches for 7 spoke wheels in 5x114.3 and came across Velocity Motoring. I noticed they offer the new 5x114.3 pattern but didn't see that specific pattern offered on any of their reseller sites, at least for the V706 model that I was after. I called them and spoke to a guy named Tracy to try and get some information on who I could order from. He was very nice and it was like I was talking to one of my friends. You could tell he is a car guy first, and an online retailer second. I told him I had just bought a 6th gen Legacy and was interested in the 19X8.5 ET45 model V706. He told me that they do direct sales as well and I could place the order with him. Great! I was assuming I needed to order wheels from them, then order my tires from TireRack, then source (or reclaim my) TPMS sensors and nice lug bolts, then get everything mounted when all the shipments had arrived. Tracy asked me what I was thinking for tires and I told him I am a big fan of the Conti Extreme DWS and was going to get those. Surprisingly he said he could order them for me (at the same price listed on TireRack) and mount everything up with TPMS sensors shipped ready to install. While we were on the phone he sent me an email with lug nut options that were really well priced. I was able to get everything through them. Completely was not expecting that.

I think they drill lug pattern to order and then the wheel gets finished. I believe I called them on a Friday and the wheels actually shipped out the following Friday. Impressive turnaround. They arrived on my birthday, that Wednesday, and made for a nice present to myself.

I highly recommend these guys. Customer service was excellent. Like I said, it was like I was talking to one of my car friends. Shipping was fast. It actually arrived a day or two earlier than he promised. What really made me happy is that I was able to order everything from then and not have to sit at Discount Tire leaning over the shoulder of the kid mounting rubber on my new wheels.

Also, I have to say that the wheels looked even better in person than what they did on their website. The way the spoked merge onto the lip is gorgeous. There is an inner lip behind the spokes that really give this wheel some dimension.

Wheels are a tough decision and when I saw those 7 spoke I knew I had to have them.

RickCorlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links