Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-14-2005, 11:07 PM   #1
jthing
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 80233
Vehicle:
2005 2.5 RS
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default sti axleback on a rs???

my friend just got a new sti and is going to put his prodrive axleback on it, and he offered me the sti's stock axelback, im just wondering if this has ever been done and if i would gain any thing from it?

Jenny
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:09 PM   #2
Handsdown
Scooby Guru

Member#: 29355
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2003 GD6 Hate chall
but i'mma maintain

you won't gain much but i like mine... you'll have to have a midpipe custom made or have the flange rotated, because it won't just bolt up.

it does give a nice low rumble when the windows are down though... not loud enough to notice just driving around though...

are you and him like peas and carrots?
Handsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:16 PM   #3
jthing
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 2.5 RS
Platinum Silver Metallic

how much would a custom mid pipe run? would i be better off just going with a new one like prodrive or am i going to have the mid pipe prob no matter which one i go with?
Old 03-14-2005, 11:34 PM   #4
Handsdown
Scooby Guru

Member#: 29355
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2003 GD6 Hate chall
but i'mma maintain

a midpipe can be crush bent out of mild steel for ~30 dollars... or you can have a better shop mandrel bend stainless and the price will jump to ~120. but if i were to do it all again, i'd spend the 175 for the sti axelback shipped from new england, plus the 100 for a custom 2.25" midpipe from a performance exhaust shop(275) towards a different aftermarket axelback or used catback... it's REALLY quiet, even with a resonatorless-midpipe.

if you want an OEM sounding exhaust that only slightly improves performance, it's not a bad route... but if you want a tuner exhaust this simply isn't going to be up to your hopes and expectations.

every now and again i wish i had an apex-i N1 or a greddy evo2, or even better, a stromung catback-

and then i see a police car and i'm happy again.
Handsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:43 PM   #5
jthing
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 2.5 RS
Platinum Silver Metallic

cool thanks for the response ill take this into consideration