Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday February 1, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2005, 06:58 PM   #1
Quack
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 57264
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Aurora, OH
Vehicle:
2004 18g Wagon - WRB
PDX Tuned - 329whp/315wtq

Default New Cobb AP map updates - 3/29/05

http://www.wrxforum.com/cgi-bin/ulti...;f=11;t=001472

http://www.cobbtuning.com/wrx/accessport/

The follow maps have been updated:

2002-2005 Subaru WRX
Speed Limiter removed for all transmission types (including Auto)

Continued refinement of CL/OL transition for 2004-2005 WRX models. Reverted to longer(closer to standard) delay when coolant temps below 176 degrees F. Modified shorter delay still present when coolant temps above 176.

REFER TO INDIVIDUAL MAP NOTES FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION


2005 Legacy GT/Outback XT
Speed Limiter corrections made -- fully removed under all conditions.

Eliminated issue of missing sensor on AT models. Users could get P1446 CEL if using AP on latest Auto Trans models. Subaru deleted a sensor mid-year. Issue resolved with latest map. Only effected Auto Transmission owners

2005 Forester XT
Speed Limiter corrections made -- fully removed under all conditions.

Eliminated issue of missing sensor on AT models. Users could get P1446 CEL if using AP on latest Auto Trans models. Subaru deleted a sensor mid-year. Issue resolved with latest map. Only effected Auto Transmission owners.

In all, over 200+ files were updated. This includes all the different octane levels, base maps, real time maps, map notes, etc.

Kind regards,
Trey @ COBB
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:15 PM   #2
andjurs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 64726
Join Date: Jun 2004
Default

sorry for such a newb question, but what's CL/OL transition?
andjurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:53 PM   #3
ilara72
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 24047
Join Date: Sep 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Southern California
Vehicle:
2009 STI
2002 WRX

Default

Closed Loop/Open Loop
ilara72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:16 PM   #4
Vostok 7
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 30209
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Get a real car.
Vehicle:
Do you need to
read this in Braille?

Default

Oh holy crap, now I can't complain about the AP anymore

Vostok 7
Vostok 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:19 PM   #5
AC7880
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 76589
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Full time rv traveler
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Wagon
Platinum Silver

Default

I'm running the 05 WRX stage 2 91 octane map version 1.21 for the past month or 2. I don't have stalling issues thus far (weather/temp and my 5,000 ft altitude may affect this). I wonder if it is worth once again downloading a new map and loading the new base map of V 1.22?

Revision Notes:
1.22 - Speed Limiter completely removed, all transmission types.
New Closed Loop / Open Loop transition parameters. Increased CL/OL transition delay for cold coolant temp operation. Addressed Idle ("Stalling") issues. [BASE MAP UPDATE ONLY]

1.21 - New Base Mapping based on MY05 program code including VIN reporting.
New Closed Loop / Open Loop transition parameters. Reduced delay to provide
quickier exit from Closed Loop operation. Reduced TPS (38%) and RPM (3800)
values to automatically switch out of Closed Loop. [BASE MAP UPDATE ONLY]

Dan 05 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack
http://www.wrxforum.com/cgi-bin/ulti...;f=11;t=001472

http://www.cobbtuning.com/wrx/accessport/

The follow maps have been updated:

2002-2005 Subaru WRX
Speed Limiter removed for all transmission types (including Auto)

Continued refinement of CL/OL transition for 2004-2005 WRX models. Reverted to longer(closer to standard) delay when coolant temps below 176 degrees F. Modified shorter delay still present when coolant temps above 176.

REFER TO INDIVIDUAL MAP NOTES FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION


2005 Legacy GT/Outback XT
Speed Limiter corrections made -- fully removed under all conditions.

Eliminated issue of missing sensor on AT models. Users could get P1446 CEL if using AP on latest Auto Trans models. Subaru deleted a sensor mid-year. Issue resolved with latest map. Only effected Auto Transmission owners

2005 Forester XT
Speed Limiter corrections made -- fully removed under all conditions.

Eliminated issue of missing sensor on AT models. Users could get P1446 CEL if using AP on latest Auto Trans models. Subaru deleted a sensor mid-year. Issue resolved with latest map. Only effected Auto Transmission owners.

In all, over 200+ files were updated. This includes all the different octane levels, base maps, real time maps, map notes, etc.

Kind regards,
Trey @ COBB
AC7880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:26 PM   #6
Jaxx
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 177
Join Date: Aug 1999
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise,Idaho,USA
Vehicle:
The 93 Imp W/EJ20K
flat black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vostok 7
Oh holy crap, now I can't complain about the AP anymore

Vostok 7
oh we all know you will find a way
Jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:21 AM   #7
Vostok 7
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 30209
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Get a real car.
Vehicle:
Do you need to
read this in Braille?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx
oh we all know you will find a way


Oh I already got the next complaint in mind

Vostok 7
Vostok 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:30 PM   #8
Jeff_DML
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 32018
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA.
Vehicle:
2008 M3 Sedan
Interlagos Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC7880
I'm running the 05 WRX stage 2 91 octane map version 1.21 for the past month or 2. I don't have stalling issues thus far (weather/temp and my 5,000 ft altitude may affect this). I wonder if it is worth once again downloading a new map and loading the new base map of V 1.22?
Trey of Cobb

"If there are no problem, then there are no reasons to update. "

http://www.wrxforum.com/cgi-bin/ulti...;f=11;t=001472
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:42 PM   #9
timmah
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 54203
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Albany, NY
Vehicle:
2011 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vostok 7


Oh I already got the next complaint in mind

Vostok 7

whats the next complaint??
timmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PERRIN Performance BLACK SALE and AP MAP UPDATE PERRIN Engine/Power/Exhaust 0 06-07-2009 12:56 PM
Brand New Cobb AP for 02-05 WRX (never been used) Wrx1624 Engine/Power/Exhaust 0 03-14-2009 01:46 PM
Version 1 Cobb AP-Need update patch to copy new map files to AP? ScoobyNubieToo! AccessPort 8 10-22-2008 07:36 AM
FS (NY): COBB AP v2 for WRX 02-05 NEW AXS Engine/Power/Exhaust 3 11-26-2007 01:58 PM
Brand New Cobb Ap 05 Sti Wrbimprezasti Engine/Power/Exhaust 10 11-01-2006 10:53 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.