Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-30-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
SILVERHKSWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 81682
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
platinum silver

Default hks intake with what e.m?

i know i did the dreaded...

i replaced my stock airbox with an hks unit. it works grrreat! it even uses the same filter spt uses on thier kits so if its backed by the factory performance team, it has to be good. my only concern is that i am looking for engine managment system and i sold my stock airbox. what ems should i consider?

i am thinking of a fully programmable one but if so ill get the ecutec and have mastro subaru dyno tune it for me but i was shown accessport from a friend and i likes. any help would be greatly appreciated.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SILVERHKSWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:05 PM   #2
dosage0
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 42323
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Silver - UTEC, Tuna, TBE

if it doesnt effect the MAF sensor, it shouldnt be a problem. However, many do, and the major benefit of an intake on most cars is that it leans out your fuel mixture and makes more power. With engine management, you can lean the mixture out yourself... so .... you dont really need it. I have heard of gains with high HP cars, so keep it if you like it I guess.

You can try to tune around it / with it... hopefully it wont screw with the readings and cause the car to lean or richen

Rob
dosage0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:29 AM   #3
SILVERHKSWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 81682
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
platinum silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosage0
if it doesnt effect the MAF sensor, it shouldnt be a problem. However, many do, and the major benefit of an intake on most cars is that it leans out your fuel mixture and makes more power. With engine management, you can lean the mixture out yourself... so .... you dont really need it. I have heard of gains with high HP cars, so keep it if you like it I guess.

You can try to tune around it / with it... hopefully it wont screw with the readings and cause the car to lean or richen

Rob
i spoke to the people at cobb, and they said they do not have a map for any aftermarket intake except injen. so i would have to get thier street tuner or go get ecutec.
SILVERHKSWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:26 AM   #4
mbiker97
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7922
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
04 CTS-V b/b/b
99 GMC Highrider

Measure the inside diameter of the MAF pipe on the HKS unit. If it's the same as the stock inner diameter you can run any EM you want.
mbiker97 is offline   Reply With Quote