Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 11, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-20-2005, 09:06 AM   #1
WRexxer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 48527
Vehicle:
2004 Subaru WRX WRB
COBB VF30

Default Another AP low boost post... :o(

So here's my issue…

This is on a 2004 WRX with about 16k miles

A couple of weeks ago I updated my AccessPort with the MY04+MY05 update…I then loaded the Stage 2 91 octane BASE map, after a couple of days of driving I noticed that my boost was a little low it was around 13.7psi in 4th and was 14.1psi in 5th and that was peak psi not what I was holding. So I decided to load the Stage 2 HWG 91 octane as a real time map and when I did load it I was running a little better boost but still not target around 15psi in 5th but that didn't last 1500 miles later I'm back to about 14.3 psi…so 2 nights ago I tried reseting and reloading the realtime map and after a couple good passes on the highway and a soon after my boost was good but now it's back to the same 14.3 I think it's kinda low for stage2 my mods are Full 3' BPM TBE with 1 Highflow cat and Air silencer removed. I've unplugged my Boost gauge to make sure it wasn't leaking or something…I'v checked every connection possible…the car pulls not to bad but I was expecting a little better from stage 2...

Now, I have the uppipe and I will isntall it soon but I realy wanted to fix my issue before I slap in the uppipe but now I'm wonderiung if the uppipe might help me rech target boost??

Anyone have any idea what I could try?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WRexxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:03 PM   #2
IchibahnWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 58980
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Silver

I had a similar issue with my car not too long ago. When I started working at Cobb about 3 months ago, my car was really low on boost, I would hit 13 PSI in 4th gear, if I was lucky. Trey and Josh suggested that I check first for leaks from the compressor outlet of the turbo to the throttle body. If that checks out, you should next look for vaccuum leaks (they make funny noises, whistling and such). Finally, if all of those do not check out, your wastgate actuator arm on your turbo might be loose and need to be retightened. However, tightening the arm sould only be used as a LAST OPTION, and is not usually nessicary. It is worth mentioning that you are not really that far off of the target boost for stage 2. My car hits 15 PSI in 5th gear only, but is runs great and makes the target power.
Feel free to call us and we can try to diagnose your cars' problem. Hope I was of some help.
Ryan @ Cobb
IchibahnWRX is offline   Reply With Quote