Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 31, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-04-2015, 06:46 PM   #1
Midnite8
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 430858
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium
World Rally Blue

Default Built in crossover in 6.2 Starlink?

Does anyone know if the stock 6.2' starlink headunit has built in crossovers? For me to find out, I would have to pull all my seats/trim to trace the wiring from the radio and see it it runs to the main speakers or if they split between separate speakers. If it splits there is likely some kind of crossover.
Midnite8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2015, 09:26 PM   #2
rwd_to_awd
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 429584
Vehicle:
2016 WRX (base)
WR Blue

If you pull one of the tweeters you will see that it has something attatched to its back which could be a crossover. Other than that I would bet there is full range signal all around.
rwd_to_awd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:39 PM   #3
Midnite8
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium
World Rally Blue

Reason I ask is because I want to know whether I need to get a LOC(LC6i) or not. My amp has built in crossovers already so if I get a LOC, I wouldn't be able to get a better sound to all frequencies. Only the ones I am connected to. Essentially spending money on something I don't need without any benefits in sound quality.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:12 AM   #4
djhamp
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 83067

Are you saying your amp has speaker level inputs? - if so you don't need an LOC. That is what an LOC is for - to convert the high-level speaker output to a low-level RCA cable. All amps have low-level RCA inputs, not all have speaker level inputs. Many amps also have some crossover functions (hi-pass, low-pass, subsonic).

The stock "tweeter" has a capacitor which will block low frequencies from damaging it - that is a crude crossover. If you get a good component speaker set (separate 6.5" & tweeter) they will have a "fancy" crossover designed just for those two speakers.
djhamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:33 PM   #5
Midnite8
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium
World Rally Blue

Can I just use the crossovers on the amp instead of the passive crossovers that came with my components?
Old 12-06-2015, 10:41 AM   #6
djhamp
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 83067

You can, I would guess the crossovers that came with components would be better sounding as they are designed for those specific speakers
djhamp is offline   Reply With Quote