Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #1
FRSTi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34180
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2011 EDM STi sedan
1998 JDM 22B STi

Question Ecutek & PE800 injector scaling/calibration

Hi there,

I installed a set of PowerEnterprise 800cc top feed injectors on a 2.0L (PE ref. TH800F), and I was wondering if someone in here had any experience with these after using Ecutek remap.

PE is stating a 1.6ms reaction time.
Is there anyone here using this time compensation plus a 800 injector scalling to match "virtual AFR" in the 3D fuel map ?

I actually run stock injector opening time comp. and a 595cc injector flow scalling with those 800cc to match the close loop targets, but I experience some strange results at high loads, open loop, above 40C IAT...

As summer is getting closer, it is time to react
I would appreciate some positive comments before I start back from scratch in the fuelling maps.

Thanks !
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
FRSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:49 PM   #2
FRSTi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34180
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2011 EDM STi sedan
1998 JDM 22B STi

Bump
FRSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:30 PM   #3
EMS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 14116

I didn't map the PE800's, so I can't give you exact data, but I did PE650's which have about the same reaction time. When you increase the inj. opening time compensation, you have to increase it the same %-tage at every voltage. You have to increase the opening time compensation quite a lot with the PE injectors! (I don't have the exact data here, but it's about double the value from standard) Changing of the opening time compensation value will have a big influence on the mixture under low engine load and less under high load. At this moment you will run WAY too rich at high loads! Increase opening time compensation and injector scaling.

Mark.
EMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:35 PM   #4
R4ND0M_AX3
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 67483
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMS
I didn't map the PE800's, so I can't give you exact data, but I did PE650's which have about the same reaction time. When you increase the inj. opening time compensation, you have to increase it the same %-tage at every voltage. You have to increase the opening time compensation quite a lot with the PE injectors! (I don't have the exact data here, but it's about double the value from standard) Changing of the opening time compensation value will have a big influence on the mixture under low engine load and less under high load. At this moment you will run WAY too rich at high loads! Increase opening time compensation and injector scaling.

Mark.
Mark,

Do you know at what voltage PE quotes their injector delay at? Is it 12V or 13.8V or something else?

Ideally I'd like to find a chart to look up for different votages but what you did with the percentage change should get me close.
R4ND0M_AX3 is offline   Reply With Quote