Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 26, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 03:53 AM   #951
Carter
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 156708
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Palmer, AK
Vehicle:
2004 Mini Cooper S
Invader 125 Shifter Kart

Default

I want a Legacy Convertible.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:39 AM   #952
dbrier
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 6598
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: West side of Indianapolis
Vehicle:
2012 Mazdaspeed3
Crystal White Pearl

Default

I've heard the same rumors here from our dealership.
dbrier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:17 AM   #953
legacyguy05
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 211232
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2003 Legacy
Super Awesome White

Default

Considering they just had a press release about the 2010 pricing...this is for '11 huh?

Now what am I going to do. Wait another year for the 4door sti or stick with the 2010 wrx 4 door....ahhhhhhhh!@!!!
legacyguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #954
delongedoug
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 124113
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: To infinity
Vehicle:
and beyond!

Default

If it looks like the current Impreza sedan, no thanks.
delongedoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #955
FaastLegacy
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 11671
Join Date: Oct 2001
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Default

This really isn't news, this has been common knowledge for a couple months now.

Shouldn't this go in the "My Dealership told me xxxxxx thread"?
FaastLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #956
justincredible
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 83633
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: The Mountains
Vehicle:
2012 bright green
box

Default

They don't need a 4 door. What they need is a 3 door.
justincredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #957
Doobie Scoo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 116123
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
93 MR2 T
Blue metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delongedoug View Post
If it looks like the current Impreza sedan, no thanks.
+1 The new sedan is fugly
Doobie Scoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #958
Abismo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 99707
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Missouri
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
They don't need a 4 door. What they need is a 3 door.
But what I want is a 4door...




...that doesn't look like a toyota corolla.
Abismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #959
Kyle86NA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 165576
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy GT 5mt

Default

Just "Re-Certified," and learned some cool news about the Tribeca for 2010! I am sure it will be available soon to every one!
Kyle86NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #960
rsholland
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 5769
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Ellicott City, MD, USA
Vehicle:
'09 WRX Prem 5-dr
Dark Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle86NA View Post
Just "Re-Certified," and learned some cool news about the Tribeca for 2010! I am sure it will be available soon to every one!
And that is...

Bob
rsholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #961
Kyle86NA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 165576
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy GT 5mt

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsholland View Post
And that is...

Bob
I dont want to go into too much detail as I dont know the specifics of each of the trim levels... But the availability of HIDs on the new "Touring," trim, and the availability of a Rear view camera being an option with out Navigation. Oh; Harmon-Kardon w/ bluetooth from the Legacy and Outback is optional.

From the training stuff I saw, it mearly mentioned that and was not "Super Specific," so... I would wait and see what happens, I for one am excited

I knew you, or HB_Dad would be the first people to respond
Kyle86NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #962
rsholland
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 5769
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Ellicott City, MD, USA
Vehicle:
'09 WRX Prem 5-dr
Dark Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle86NA View Post
I dont want to go into too much detail as I dont know the specifics of each of the trim levels... But the availability of HIDs on the new "Touring," trim, and the availability of a Rear view camera being an option with out Navigation. Oh; Harmon-Kardon w/ bluetooth from the Legacy and Outback is optional.

From the training stuff I saw, it mearly mentioned that and was not "Super Specific," so... I would wait and see what happens, I for one am excited

I knew you, or HB_Dad would be the first people to respond
Thanks. Is the "Touring" trim level above the "Limited?" It sounds like it is. When do you expect them to start shipping?

Bob
rsholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #963
rsholland
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 5769
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Ellicott City, MD, USA
Vehicle:
'09 WRX Prem 5-dr
Dark Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle86NA View Post
I dont want to go into too much detail as I dont know the specifics of each of the trim levels... But the availability of HIDs on the new "Touring," trim, and the availability of a Rear view camera being an option with out Navigation. Oh; Harmon-Kardon w/ bluetooth from the Legacy and Outback is optional.

From the training stuff I saw, it mearly mentioned that and was not "Super Specific," so... I would wait and see what happens, I for one am excited

I knew you, or HB_Dad would be the first people to respond
Any word as to whether the NAVI screen has been increased to 8" (from 7"), like that of the Legacy/Outback?

Also, now that it's getting Bluetooth, has it also gotten the new steering wheel from the Legacy/Outback, with the updated steering wheel button controls?

Bob
rsholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #964
Kyle86NA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 165576
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy GT 5mt

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsholland View Post
Any word as to whether the NAVI screen has been increased to 8" (from 7"), like that of the Legacy/Outback?

Also, now that it's getting Bluetooth, has it also gotten the new steering wheel from the Legacy/Outback, with the updated steering wheel button controls?

Bob
I dont have any details yet, I would not assume that it is getting the larger Nav unit, the Forester and impreza did not, even though they gained Bluetooth. 3.6R Premium>Limited>Touring
That is all I know as of yet, Last year the '09s started arriving mid-September October time
Kyle86NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #965
rsholland
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 5769
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Ellicott City, MD, USA
Vehicle:
'09 WRX Prem 5-dr
Dark Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle86NA View Post
I dont have any details yet, I would not assume that it is getting the larger Nav unit, the Forester and impreza did not, even though they gained Bluetooth. 3.6R Premium>Limited>Touring
That is all I know as of yet, Last year the '09s started arriving mid-September October time
Yes, but the Forester and Impreza are positioned below the Legacy and Outback. That's not the case with the Tribeca. If the Tribeca remains with a 7" screen, it would appear to many that the Legacy and Outback have a superior unit, simply because the screen is larger.

Bob
rsholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #966
only1agam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 56183
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsholland View Post
Yes, but the Forester and Impreza are positioned below the Legacy and Outback. That's not the case with the Tribeca. If the Tribeca remains with a 7" screen, it would appear to many that the Legacy and Outback have a superior unit, simply because the screen is larger.

Bob

I could agree with this. The Tribeca probably won't get the bigger screen till the next redesign. It would be too expensive to cram the bigger screen into the dash of the current tribeca and then only run it for a year.
only1agam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #967
rsholland
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 5769
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Ellicott City, MD, USA
Vehicle:
'09 WRX Prem 5-dr
Dark Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1agam View Post
I could agree with this. The Tribeca probably won't get the bigger screen till the next redesign. It would be too expensive to cram the bigger screen into the dash of the current tribeca and then only run it for a year.
I see your point, but fitting a larger screen on the Tribeca would be a pretty simple change, as there is plenty of extra space in that field that the current screen occupies. Not so for other Subies, but for the Tribeca it wouldn't be a problem.

Bob
rsholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #968
only1agam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 56183
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsholland View Post
I see your point, but fitting a larger screen on the Tribeca would be a pretty simple change, as there is plenty of extra space in that field that the current screen occupies. Not so for other Subies, but for the Tribeca it wouldn't be a problem.

Bob

if anything at all, i'd be more curious to see if the nav will be voice activated OR if it will be just like the impreza and forester units
only1agam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:33 PM   #969
keepclam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 120244
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Everett, WA
Vehicle:
2006 Legacy SE Sedan
2006 Pilot EX-L 4WD

Default

I'll add myself as one of the folks who's now heard an STI sedan is coming. Sure wish it was a Legacy, though.
keepclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:03 AM   #970
banyan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 181013
Join Date: May 2008
Location: いいいいいい
Vehicle:


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepclam View Post
I'll add myself as one of the folks who's now heard an STI sedan is coming. Sure wish it was a Legacy, though.
for 2011MY?
banyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:20 AM   #971
keepclam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 120244
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Everett, WA
Vehicle:
2006 Legacy SE Sedan
2006 Pilot EX-L 4WD

Default

"Next year"

I assume 2011MY, but I suppose that description doesn't exclude the remote possibility of a late addition to the 2010 lineup.
keepclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #972
rsholland
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 5769
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Ellicott City, MD, USA
Vehicle:
'09 WRX Prem 5-dr
Dark Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepclam View Post
I'll add myself as one of the folks who's now heard an STI sedan is coming. Sure wish it was a Legacy, though.
That wouldn't surprise me one bit. Nobody has confirmed that this STI sedan is an Impreza—but rather everyone is "assuming" it is an Impreza.

Think about it: Does it make sense for Subaru to offer an Impreza STI sedan—with new/different body rear parts—and only with one year left on this body style? Not to me. Remember an all-new Impreza is due in either 2012 or 2013.

Bob
rsholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #973
carnz-pj-410
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110994
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Atlantic
Vehicle:
2015 WRX 6MT
1993 Legacy SS

Default

They may bump the body style change to 2011. People I know at SOA(4 different people at 4 different times) have also said the STi sedan is coming in 2011 with an Impreza body change.
carnz-pj-410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #974
rsholland
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 5769
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Ellicott City, MD, USA
Vehicle:
'09 WRX Prem 5-dr
Dark Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnz-pj-410 View Post
They may bump the body style change to 2011. People I know at SOA(4 different people at 4 different times) have also said the STi sedan is coming in 2011 with an Impreza body change.
That would make sense, if it's with a body change.

Bob
rsholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #975
only1agam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 56183
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsholland View Post
That would make sense, if it's with a body change.

Bob

facelift yes, body change i don't see it...
only1agam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The official "let's have a Tampa meet to welcome me" thread mpaone South East Region Forum 2 02-01-2007 03:29 PM
File under "my dealer told me" Derbagger News & Rumors 21 04-11-2005 10:16 PM
The "if you have a problem with me" thread Tex-WReX Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 18 01-22-2005 07:10 PM
The next person who posts a "My dealer said this" thread will... Kostamojen News & Rumors 3 02-09-2003 12:03 PM
The "My friends forgot my birthday" Thread Habu Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC 10 11-13-2001 01:29 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.