Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
Freeken
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 396562
Thumbs up '02 wrx, Freeken's first subie: The journal

So i will start off by saying Hi to everyone on NASIOC my name is Kenny

This thread will be my journal of sorts on my first Subaru. I figured this would be a great way to keep track of eveything and showcase the car. I had just picked it up this week for $2500 ( a deal i couldnt pass up) and was finally registered today. It will be my DD as I continue to work on it.

The car is an 02 wrx, just under 140k on odometer. it has a few known issues but i figured i could shell out some cash to fix it up to my liking

here is a list of the lists ill be making soon.
-Current mods
-Known issues
-To Do (this will be the big one)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Freeken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #2
Freeken
Scooby Newbie

well here is one shot of it. need to figure out this posting pictures thing!
Old 07-25-2014, 02:19 PM   #3
Freeken
Scooby Newbie

Alright much better. more pics to come, with a full run down of what it is and what i want it to be. Any and all feedback is welcome. This will be my first journey into car modification and fabrication. I will need the help lol
Old Yesterday, 10:30 AM   #4
Freeken
Scooby Newbie

Default What it has, List

So this is what i know the car had at purchase:
- JDM hood scoop
-upgraded turbo (not sure what kind) just bigger
- sti injectors, i think the car needs a tune, cause i feel like im burning through too much gas
-turboXS tmic (bigger than stock)
-the front end fairings i believe are off of a blue STI. as i can tell from some of the paint chips
-Cobb short throw
-Boost gauge on the steering column
-the sti wing
-full turbo back catted GReddy exhuast ( didnt like at first, but is starting to grow on me)
- Gimmick air intake
-new clutch and transmission
- 2 sets of wheels (summer and winter) plastidiped but was not done correctly
- tints all around which i will be pulled over for eventually
- and the "i" badge in the grill

Last edited by Freeken; Yesterday at 10:44 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM   #5
Freeken
Scooby Newbie

Default Day one (24JUL14)

when I arrived home the first thing I did was, I ripped out the 2 10" kenwoods, 1000 watt amp and 1.2 farad cap and swapped in my much cleaner set up of just 1 12" type-R with a 500 watt jl audio amp

then I swapped the winter wheels for the summer ones. Note: both set of wheels were plasti dipped poorly. the winter ones were sprayed on too thin and the summer ones, well they had a thicker coat, just not enough and the spots that were missing were touched up with actual spray paint i will be peeling and respraying both sets the correct way
Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM   #6
Freeken
Scooby Newbie

Default Day 2 (25JUL14)

The car is registered!!

Still not happy with the ironing board the car came with on the trunk. I removed the top half and for now covered the holes with clear packaging tape.

I wasnt sure at first but I like the way it looks. I know there are some threads debating this move with the majority in favor of keeping it or replacing it. I think it is unique. I think im going to have my friend help me with 3d printing me up some caps for it. I have plans for the car to be completely plasti dipped with the world rally blue pearls, so everything will match eventually.

Also on this day i wd-40 the trunk latch and key hole. Works like it should now
Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM   #7
Freeken
Scooby Newbie

Default Day 3 (26JUL14)

This day i decided to find the source of the grinding sound on the right side of the car and the reason why my car steers when i brake. so with a quick inspection of the rotors, I quickly noticed that the passenger rear was not clearing away the surface rust. So I jacked the car up to find this...

needless to say they needed to be replaced asap. there was nothing left, almost no metal either. It was wedged between the rotor and the caliper( not like it should be, anyways)
happy to say the caliper wasn't seized, so I ran to the store and bought the cheapest set up for a quick fix

i replaced both sides and went on my way
I plan on upgrading in the future.

Last edited by Freeken; Yesterday at 12:37 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #8
Freeken
Scooby Newbie

Default Day 4 (26JUL14)

So i was still experiencing so grinding sounds and the brake steering so i decided to pull apart the front passenger side and that was even worst than the back!
Not only was one of the pins seized, one of the pistons was too. so i had extreme uneven wearing of the brakes over there. Down to the metal and then some on one side and then some pad left on the other end. The driver's sides were completely fine.
Since i couldn't replace them then I had to just put the old ones back on until I am able to order new calipers, brake and rotors for the front. It now makes even more noise than before since I freed up the pad more by removing a lot of the build up on the slides.

Any recommendations on parts for the braking system is greatly appreciated
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #9
WaffleSauce
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 216645
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
92 MR2
05 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeken View Post
The car is registered!!

Still not happy with the ironing board the car came with on the trunk. I removed the top half and for now covered the holes with clear packaging tape.
I wasnt sure at first but I like the way it looks. I know there are some threads debating this move with the majority in favor of keeping it or replacing it. I think it is unique. I think im going to have my friend help me with 3d printing me up some caps for it. I have plans for the car to be completely plasti dipped with the world rally blue pearls, so everything will match eventually.

Also on this day i wd-40 the trunk latch and key hole. Works like it should now
Any other pics, or rear shots without the top half of the wing. Was always curious how this looked.
WaffleSauce is online now   Reply With Quote