Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-10-2005, 09:05 AM   #1
Davenow
Scooby Guru

Member#: 23676
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:

Default Different color gauges more or less likely to attract thieves??

So I am ordering a few more gauges for my car today, possibly just picking them up in person if the place has them, to go with my new motor(axis stage 2 block/cams/ra gears/blah blah) (oil pressure as I have heard of a couple STI oil pumps failing, and supposedly they dont fail all at once. I figure I may as well throw water (or maybe oil) temp in there as well as fuel pressure (since I intend on messing with paralell(sp?) rails and/or a pressure reg)

Anyway, I am looking at autometer as they are cheap but decent (I dont like their boost gauges but the rest seem fine) I am planning on putting them either under the radio, or in the clock pod holder thing.

I have heard of MANY cars being broken into to steal the gauges, most of these cars have the A pillar mount, so I wont be going that way (I also think those are ricey as hell).

What I am wondering is, should I go with the ultralight series, which are silver faced with orange needles, or the black with yellow needles that more closely match my factory dash and Greddy EGT and boost gauges???

I am kinda thinking the silver faced ultralights may attract more attention to themselves. What do you guys think???
Davenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2005, 12:22 PM   #2
Uncle Scotty
*** Banned ***

Member#: 16200
Vehicle:
OK buy Nates beans
westcoastroasting.com

....dave....that is one reason that I deceided on the SportComp gauges.....basic junk that nobody would steal....in the 2-gauge bezel....I'm gonna add the single gauge pod(a la subiegal) for oil temp when I get around to it.

Way too many people put WAY-WAY too many bullseyes on their cars and then cry a river when somebody cashes in on their naivete.
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:51 PM   #3
mbiker97
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7922
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
04 CTS-V b/b/b
99 GMC Highrider

I never had anyone mess with my setup. A few people in the know knew what it was, but most people asked "Why do you have a tach right there?".

The controller wasn't visable either since it was in the armrest.
mbiker97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 04:17 PM   #4
Kean
Scooby Guru

Member#: 25187
Vehicle:
2020 Forester
2010 Challenger R/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davenow
I have heard of MANY cars being broken into to steal the gauges, most of these cars have the A pillar mount, so I wont be going that way (I also think those are ricey as hell).

What I am wondering is, should I go with the ultralight series, which are silver faced with orange needles, or the black with yellow needles that more closely match my factory dash and Greddy EGT and boost gauges???

I am kinda thinking the silver faced ultralights may attract more attention to themselves. What do you guys think???
I think you're right. That's one of the reasons I went with a "stock-like" set up on mine with Omori gauges. ......I also agree with your comment on the a-pillar pods btw. They are far from subtle and a bit tacky for my taste.
Kean is offline   Reply With Quote