Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated with bolt-on Forced Induction Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-30-2001, 07:57 PM   #1
Michael Myers
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 8611
Vehicle:
2003 2.5RSN
Platinum Silver, Auto

Default Injectors??

Well I'm on my way to Turbocharger town I've ordered a hood scoop, E.B.C., Automere boost gauge, Torque chip,and have allready installed a tranny cooler.

So my question will be, Do i need larger injectors for my car to be safe? My TC kit will be from JCS IHI, I will run 5-6psi boost.

If i do need larger injectors could i use the ones from an EJ22T? these would be around 140cc larger. Also would i need some new electronics to back this up?

I did a search for injectors and didn't find my specific answers but i did find this

EJ22 - 220cc/min (also reported as 260 cc/min)
EJ25 - 280 cc/min
EJ22T - 360cc/min
EJ20T - 425cc/min
Courtesy of wac (i-club member)

Again thank you for your help
Michael Myers
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Michael Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 09:15 PM   #2
Michael Myers
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 8611
Vehicle:
2003 2.5RSN
Platinum Silver, Auto

Default Doh!!

Well ok so i did find an answer to my question from wac again , one of these days i'll pull my head out of my a**. here's the link if anyone is interested http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...eferrerid=8611

It sounds like it would be alot of trouble for me to do this, so i'll try the stock injectors for a while if i have trouble i'll take it down town and see if the performance shop can do anything(he mainly works on hoduhs though)

Sorry to bother you
Michael Myers.
Michael Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 10:37 PM   #3
MPREZYA
SCIC

Member#: 85
Chapter/Region: SCIC

You may want to be cautious as I believe the 99 and up 2.2L have MAP not MAF sensors requiring you to take almost the same route as the 00/01 RS. Also you need to ensure you share the same fuel rail and injectors as the pre 99's.
Rich
MPREZYA is offline   Reply With Quote