Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:17 PM   #1
fujative06
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 83754
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
96 impreza
ugly

Question sorry another newb swap question

i know this has probably been asked alot but i was thinking about doing a swap to a ej22t into my 95 1.8L impreza, just wondering i was thinking about doing a complet rebuild on the ej22t and im just wondering should i get a stand alone ecu. im just wondering what you guys think if i was to get a 94 ej22t and put it in a 95 do you think inspection wise they would bitch or what just trying to figure it out and see if its worth the money to do it that way or to do a jdm swap i dunno need help my mind still isnt made up
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
fujative06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 04:21 PM   #2
benjaminetanyahoo
*** Banned ***

Member#: 41300
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2000 New York
MTA

You should make your own mind up about stuff by searching and waying your options.

Does your state do ODB inspections to test for a stock ECU setup?

Do you realize that it's illegal to put a older engine into your car? 91-94 EJ22T longblock into a 95

Do you know how to tune? Do you have the money to get it tuned? If you're going standalone

There are tons of questions that YOU need to figure out. If you need help spending money I would be more than welcome to spend your cash...
benjaminetanyahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 06:01 PM   #3
fujative06
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 83754
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
96 impreza
ugly

well i really want to go with the 2.2 route i was just wondering what others would think and just trying to find out the best way to go about it
fujative06 is offline   Reply With Quote