Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 5, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-04-2005, 04:00 PM   #1
somperson
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 11203
Vehicle:
1999 2.5RS
Blue Ridge Pearl

Default Blinkers won't work

I dont know what happened, but my blinkers won't work in my 1999RS. When they dont show any light/click or anything... I check fuses and everyone is fine, and everything else in the car is fine inlcuding reverse lights and brake lights.

Anyone ever heard of thise cause I thought it would just be a bad fuse or something...?

thanks,

Jason
somperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2005, 06:47 PM   #2
somperson
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1999 2.5RS
Blue Ridge Pearl

bump... People bitch at me left and right on the roads cause I dont use blinkers... I can't keep this up.. anyone have any ideas before i go and drop like 150$ on a Suby dealer to check it out....?

Jason
Old 06-06-2005, 08:39 PM   #3
Zypper
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 5201
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
'02 WRX Wagon
'11 Versys 650

Can you put the blinker stalk into position, does it work like normal even if your blinkers don't? If not, inspect and replace the turn signal stalk if necessary. Also, you may want to check continuity.

Alternatively, does the emergency blinker switch work? if both are out, look into the possibility of a faulty relay.
Zypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:55 PM   #4
somperson
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1999 2.5RS
Blue Ridge Pearl

I can put the lever into position and it clicks off normally on turns when it should. Hazard lights don't work. So I'm guessing a faulty relay switch as pending not a damaged wire somewhere in the car?

Thanks,
Jason
Old 06-07-2005, 10:20 PM   #5
R_W
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 76896
Chapter/Region: South East

If neither the turn or hazard work, it has to be something common. If the fuses are good, I'd check the turn signal module. Lay upside down with your head on the brake pedal, looking up. Should be right there (at least it is on WRX). I'd say turn it on and listen for the click-click, but that's the whole problem...

Small square box with 3 wires going to it.

RW
R_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
rae-anne
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 186383
Vehicle:
1992 subaru loyale
baby blue

Default blinker issues

my 1992 loyale's front turn signals will not blink, any advice? The parking lights work and the bulbs are good. The front hazards, however, do not blink. the backs blinks fine and the arrows and signal arm work fine also.
rae-anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #7
Cougar4
Scooby Guru

Member#: 53443
Vehicle:
2001 LL Bean Outback
Winestone

The problem is most likely in connector F65. It is under the dash on the far left side and goes through the firewall. Try moving the connectors around to see if that helps.
Cougar4 is offline   Reply With Quote